• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC on Mac won't quit when shutting down computer. I have to force quit Acrobat to finish shut down.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC on Mac won't quit when shutting down computer. I have to force quit Acrobat to finish shut down.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Hi Armadillo12,

Could you try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Remove Acrobat DC using cleaner tool found here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs 

2- Restart the computer

3- Reinstall Acrobat DC from here  Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

4- Restart the machine once again and check.

Note:  CLEANER TOOL IS NOT FOR USE WITH ANY CREATIVE SUITE PRODUCTS INCLUDING SUITES THAT CONTAIN ACROBAT. IT CA

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Armadillo12,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat DC on Mac won't quit when shutting down computer, is that correct?

If there is any trouble closing the application directly then you need to quit it from the Activity Monitor.

Go>Utilities>Activity monitor>Select process >Quit

Kindly go through the help document to get more details of how to close the running processes from activity monitor-

Use Activity Monitor to identify and quit processes using large amounts of system resources | Mac OS...

You just need to select and force quit the Adobe process (Reader) which is not closing directly.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to force quit Acrobat - I have to do it every time I want to shut down the computer. I'm trying to figure out how to make Acrobat shut down WITHOUT a force-quit every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Armadillo12,

Could you check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again?

If that doesn't work, try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. reboot the machine after resetting preferences and try again.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that - didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think you are understanding my problem - I know how to force-quit Acrobat. I have to do it every time I shut down.

I want to figure out why Acrobat won’t quit like all the other apps when I shut down, and solve that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Armadillo12,

Could you try the troubleshooting steps given in the following thread at post#8

Adobe App's won't quit.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't do anything for me

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Armadillo12,

Could you try creating a new user account on the machine by clicking Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups, login into that account, launch Acrobat from there and check if the issue persists.

If that doesn't work, please contact support using this link: Contact Customer Care

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Armadillo12,

Could you try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Remove Acrobat DC using cleaner tool found here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs 

2- Restart the computer

3- Reinstall Acrobat DC from here  Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

4- Restart the machine once again and check.

Note:  CLEANER TOOL IS NOT FOR USE WITH ANY CREATIVE SUITE PRODUCTS INCLUDING SUITES THAT CONTAIN ACROBAT. IT CAN ONLY BE USED WITH STANDALONE VERSIONS OF ACROBAT AND ADOBE READER.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines