Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same mapid for multiple topics - RH7

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2009 Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello forum,

I have come across the following problem and I'm looking for a workaround/solution:

We are using RH7 to create the help for different versions of our software. I now have a single mapid which needs to point to different topics. Using build tags only one of these topics will actually be compiled into the chm, so there should be no conflict. But RH7 does not allow me to assign the same mapid to different topics - is there a workaround or a different solution for this?
Merging the topics into a single one using build tags would be one solution, but I'd rather do it some other way. I also manually edited the .ali file, but it seems that RH automatically checks for duplicate mapids when loading a project. So that didn't help either...

Cheers

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob and welcome to the RH community.

I assume we are talking about a CHM file here? If so, I think a single topic for the different versions and using build tags to exclude the output not required is the way forward. To be honest I can't think of a prettier solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes we are talking CHM here. I already suspected that a single topic probably is the cleanest solution. I guess I'll go for that. Too bad that I can't modify the topic title using build tags...

Greetings

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp