• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC will not load with VPN running

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having spent hours attempting to install LR CC, I finally contacted support who found that my VPN was blocking the install. After installing with the VPN disabled, he said it should work with the VPN running but it doesn't. I have to disable it before LR CC will run. Anyone know why and is there a way to resolve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Hi. The Adobe LR tech was very helpful. You can see his suggestions I've

copied for you below. This worked for me. However, he sent me another

message a few days ago to say that the issue has been resolved in the

latest update of LR CC. If you haven't done the updates yet give it a try

first. If that doesn't work, then follow his advice below. Good luck!

"It turns out that this is not a bug in Lightroom CC. The issue is actually

with how IPVanish handles local IPv6 network traffic. That’s a mouthful,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I phrased that wrong. It was not the VPN blocking the install, it was Adobe blocking it because of the VPN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here — strangely, I can't seem to find any info on this online. No idea if there's a workaround, but this seems sort of silly to me; there's no reason Lightroom should be blocking access over VPN. You can use Lightroom when offline, but not when connected to VPN?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange. I have attempted to Install LR CC multiple times with Ivacy VPN running in the background and no problem what so ever. Probably because it does not block local IPv6 network traffic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly fine for me going through a vpn. There is no reason why vpn by itself should block Lightroom. As long as the firewall at the place you are vpn'ing into doesn't block the secure traffic from Lightroom CC or its installer should be completely unaware that its traffic is routed in a different way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, I don't think it's necessarily Lightroom blocking VPN, but as Dadshade mentions, Adobe blocking Lightroom access/activation due to VPN. I'm using a private VPN (Mullvad; no firewall, blocking, etc. of any kind) — when I launch Lightroom, it tries to access Adobe servers, which might block the connection from the endpoint IP address. Lightroom can't access the server, so it spins forever, blocking functionality.

It would be nice if

1. Lightroom would time out eventually and at least give the option of using it in offline mode
  2. Adobe didn't block my VPN, so I could continue using the product I'm paying for without having to compromise security

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, I don't think it's necessarily Lightroom blocking VPN, but as Dadshade mentions, Adobe blocking Lightroom access/activation due to VPN.

I don't think they are doing anything like that. It works perfectly fine for me through my company VPN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, same VPN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The Adobe LR tech was very helpful. You can see his suggestions I've

copied for you below. This worked for me. However, he sent me another

message a few days ago to say that the issue has been resolved in the

latest update of LR CC. If you haven't done the updates yet give it a try

first. If that doesn't work, then follow his advice below. Good luck!

"It turns out that this is not a bug in Lightroom CC. The issue is actually

with how IPVanish handles local IPv6 network traffic. That’s a mouthful, I

know. ☺ In my testing, I found that IPVanish actually broke a number of

apps I use daily as a software developer. The good news is that I have a

fix for you.

In the IPVanish settings, go to the “Connection” tab and disable the option

“Enable IPv6 Leak Protection”. Running with this option disabled will allow

Lightroom CC to work as expected. If you do this, please keep in mind your

VPN will no longer block any network traffic that is using IPv6. Please see

the following IPVanish guide for more info:

https://support.ipvanish.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002074754-IPv6

The fact that IPVanish is blocking local IPv6 network traffic is clearly

a design flaw in their software. Even with IPv6 leak protection enabled,

local traffic should still be allowed; I’ve reached out to the IPVanish

folks in hopes that they’ll fix this bug on their end.

If I had to make a recommendation as a fellow Lightroom CC user and VPN

user, it would be to switch to a VPN that does not block local IPv6 network

traffic such as NordVPN. Just to be clear, that’s my recommendation as a

software user and not as an Adobe employee.

I hope this is enough info to put this issue to rest. Thanks again for

helping track this down,

- Jeff"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using NordVPN and Create Cloud fails to connect whilst VPN is enabled. I disabled CyberSec and it made no difference.

Just adding my story to the thread in case anyone can help or it helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What i did was reset NordVPN in the advance setting (make sure you know you sign-in credentials and password) with Adobe cc open (not really necessary) and that did the trick...works again...BUT not sure why it went off in the first place. Hope that helps for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem using NordVPN and Adobe CC.  When launched Adobe CC says "no internet connection".  Yet if I disable the NordVPN connection it works immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing happens to me. Can't work on the road with this situation. Spending $600/year for this crap. F-U Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get things done you should check with bestvpnrating.com for sure it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.... using NordVPN, CC says "no internet connection". Disable VPN, CC works. Fix please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue using PIA VPN. Please give us some feedback on why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trading a few emails with NordVPN customer service I decided to uninstall the NordVPN app, shut down the computer, reboot and reload the VPN app.   As I have discovered before uninstalling VPN software doesn’t always remove all traces of the application.  When I reinstalled the NordVPN app my favorites from before were already loaded in the app.  I suppose it could have been stored with my account information and reloaded as part of the install.  Who knows.  Bottom line is the Adobe CC app was able to connect after about three attempts while the VPN was active.  Don’t know though if it will work permanently.  But it seems to work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case it helps, I have the same problem, using expressvpn.  Connected?  CC says no internet connection.  Disconnected?  Works fiie immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are nine months later and still no help on the Nord VPN issue.  Is anyone listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 August and still can't connect to CC with VPN on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried to enable TCP/IPV6 protocol on my network connection and Adobe Connections seems to be ok now, with NordVPN app running. TCP/IPV4 was enable on my connection properties, and TCP/IPV6 was not enabled.

Have you ever tried?

Can you tell me if this is a possible solution?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried that. I'll check that out right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you set that up on the actual physical network connection or the NORD

tap connection? When my VPN wasn't running both the Tap and my real

connection showed IPV6 connection enabled. However, after I started the

VPN connection both showed IPv6 disabled. So, I enabled it on both the Tap

connector and my live connector and it seemed to work. I'll test again

after restart and see what happens. Right now though it does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only enabled IPV6 on my main connection.

I didn't touch NordVPN tap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines