• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom changes View on Import

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for the toggle or checkbox that makes Lightroom keep the current file view while importing new photos.

I had this set up at one point, but after a reinstall it's not working any more.

I want to be able to look at and work on folders and photos while Lightroom imports other photos. Currently, the focus jumps to each newly imported photo.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you perhaps mean this?

Lightroom.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought so too at first but that's already checked out... And I can't find any other relevant option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you need to reset the preferences. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work either. I have also deleted the Lightroom 6 preference files, which were in the Library on my mac. I'm using the latest version, 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "latest" version is 7.4. Are you really completely up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes... Now I'm not sure how it was before. I usually filter photos with the color filters (as opposed to star ratings). I work on the raws and export jpgs in a subfolder, while also importing these new jpgs to the catalog. Now, since I have a specific color filter applied, and the new jpgs will inherit the color tag, I would expect my folder view to remain the same. But Lightroom automatically goes to "filters off" when the new files are imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines