• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import Raw file to Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've struggled with it a long time and read multiple topics but still can't find the solution.

When i took picture i took both JPEG and Raw format. I imported them to iPhoto on my MacBook Pro and i can see there is a little "J" label on my pictures so i know the MacBook has stacked my Raw file and JPEG file. Now when i tried to import the picture to the light room, it will only import the JPEG format. It won't import the Raw format.

I tried clicking the 'preference' in lightroom, hopping to find import preference, where i can check the box for "treat Raw file and JPEG file as separate file". But when i click the "preference", there is no such option at all. What i can see is (on the left), Account, Local storage, General and Interface. I went to all 4 selections and i can't find the option for "treat Raw file and JPEG file as separate file". Under the General, the option i have is only "prevent system to sleep during sync while connect to power", "Use Graphics Processor", and Import "Add copy right to imported images". Why i can't find the option to "treat Raw file and JPEG file as separate file"??

Btw, when i import the photo to light room, i don't go to a folder find the pictures since they are loaded to iPhoto. The only place i can find my imported photo is under Media, under Photo, and iPhoto library.

Can somebody help please. I am so confused.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Duplicate thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2512851, locking the current thread to keep the conversation on one of the threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preference you are looking for is in Lightroom Classic CC only. From your description, it sounds as if you are using the new Lightroom CC (the cloud-based Lightroom), and there is no such option. What camera model are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jimhess

Thanks for the response. Yes I am using the cloud-base Lightroom. And my camera is LUMIX GX85.

Best regards

Tracy Chen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Lightroom Classic CC forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we merge this with the same question asked again: Can't import raw file to lightroom cloud-base CC

Like I said there, it sounds like the OP is causing this problem by using iPhoto and Lightroom CC at the same time.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Duplicate thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2512851, locking the current thread to keep the conversation on one of the threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines