• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC not responding in windows 10

Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having lots of problems running Lightroom Classic CC, it's slow, takes minutes to show my editings, does 'not respond' so many times, that editing a photo has become an ordeal. Try to get help from Adobe customer service but it's impossible to get a hold on them. What a nightmare! What a disappointment!

Is anybody there who can help me?

Thank you

Moderator: Moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thank you for trying and help me (nobody else did). I try this, and let you know.

Have a great weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not work, and erased all my preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Regina, Many times when there is low resource it's impossible to work with your computer, especially if the application you are using is large. Your resource may be limited from go, or otherwise become limited with the presence of viruses, or storage of many large files over time. When there is limited space your startup will be very slow, the program will run slowly, and saving will be very slow, and because you are operating at a faster speed than the software is, you will constantly get the "not responding" notification. Therefore you will first need to find out if you have in excess of 2GB (my estimation for efficient work) of hard drive space available, and at least 12GB RAM memory. The more hard drive space you have the more virtual memory there will be and the more efficient your software will become. Lightroom Classic system requirements will give you information on the minimum for installation. You will want to have in excess of the minimum for efficient usage.

If your resources seem ok, or the hard drive seem to be unexpectedly full, you may want to check if you virus protection is working properly. If the space on your hard drive is limited then you might want to store some of your files on a flash drive.

I am not sure if this might be true in your case, but during a recent large Windows 10 update, I started getting "Not Responding" from some of my applications. After the installation of the update, this issue was corrected.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JG!

Thank you for taking the time to write me all this information. I will try it, but it seems so complicated to me... I will let you know if it works.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I'll try to make it easier for you.

To see the size and amount of space available on your hard drive,

1)  Open the file explorer.

2)  At the side bar, click on "This PC".

3)  At the bottom of the progress bar of the "Local Disc" you will see its size and the amount available. Otherwise right click on the "Local Disc", then click "properties".

For the other Information

1)   At the bottom of your display monitor, in the search field beside the windows icon, type "system information". A window will open with all the information about your system.

2)  Scroll down until you see the processer information, and further down for  "total physical memory with a number followed by GB (eg 4.00GB)". Below that you will see "Available Physical Memory, and the amount of Memory available in GB beside it. This is the amount that is relevant.

Lower down you will also see the amount of "Available Virtual Memory".

You can now compare the information gathered from your computer with required resource as per above information by me.

I hope this will makes it easier for you.

You too have a blessed Sunday.

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JG,

Thank you a lot to take the time to help.

This is the information I got following the steps you gave me:

Local Disc Properties:

Used space: 177 GB

Free space: 297 GB

System Information:

Total physical memory 15.8 GB

Available physical memory: 3.99 GB

Available virtual memory: 4.81 GB

I store all my photos on a external drive.

I did recently had a large Windows 10 update, but I'm not sure this problem started when I did it.

Now I am in a process of getting back my preferences that were erased when somebody suggested I should reset my preferences to fix this problem

Thank you again.

Regina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I'll do some checks and get right back to you. Have you checked your virus protection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have Windows Defender, and it shows everything is okay, "no action needed".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Response might take a while. I am seeking the assistance of my product manager. I'll be back as soon as possible.

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to deactivate the GPU support. This may help to solve several problems.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Do you installed the latest version of Lightroom? It's version 7.4 at the moment.

Is you system up-to-date?

Which hardware do you use, esp. how much RAM, free disk space?

On which drive Lightroom is installed and on which drive you have save your pictures?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Axel,

I followed the link you sent to me but nothing of that is happening when I use Lightroom, I don't think that should be the problem then.

Answering your questions:

Yes, I have the latest Lightroom version.

Yes, the system is up to date.

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

64-bit operating system

used space: 177 GB

free space: 297 GB

available virtual memory 4.81 GB

Lightroom is installed on the Local Disc, and my pictures are saved in an external drive.

Thank you,

Regina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Regina+M.  wrote

I've been having lots of problems running Lightroom Classic CC, it's slow, takes minutes to show my editings, does 'not respond' so many times, that editing a photo has become an ordeal. Try to get help from Adobe customer service but it's impossible to get a hold on them. What a nightmare! What a disappointment!

Are you doing a lot of brushing and/or a lot of spot healing on your photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a lot, but same yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dj, I'm sorry to hear about your Lightroom Classic CC experience. Have you checked your computer resource? If not, you could follow my suggested info above to Ragina and let me know the result. Many times the "Not Responding" is a low resource issue.

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have antivirus software running? If yes, try quitting or deselecting Lightroom from the continuous scan mode and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regina has only "Windows Defender". That should not affect the operation of the software after startup. In my opinion, her resource seem ok. I do not know how effective the "Windows Defender" is since I also use a virus protection on my computer. That was recommended by my personal technician some years back. The kind of behavior described, is typical of low resource that can be created by viruses; otherwise the software itself. I would not want to recommend virus protection installation except we exhaust all other options. I'm trying to get more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Question is now sent to the Lightroom forum. You should be better assisted there.

Best regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had posted my question into LR forum. How do I get there?

I'm so disappointed, I can't use LR and I am paying for it

Nothing seems to help.

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 3:53 PM, jacquelingphoto2017 <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We appreciate your patience. I'm trying to get some assistance for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've received word from my product manager. This is what he as asked me to suggest for troubleshooting: that you "work in Lightroom while simultaneously having the Task manager up to see if something else is grabbing the CPU intermittently during these “not responding” moments.." He has also suggested that you take a look at this optimization link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.htmlhttps://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

As you do, reflect on the available resource you have, and make a comparison to see if it is possible that based on the suggestions in this link, if there's need to make adjustments to increase the available speed and size of the relevant hardware. Please let us know your thoughts after following these suggestions.

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JG,

I'm going to follow your instructions, and will let you know what happens, okay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JG,

Sorry I haven't got back to you yet, I've been sick, not time to be on the computer trying & fixing Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JG,

When I have both up, LR and the task manager, what should I be looking at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines