• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Desktop Should I Purchase?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all... first time poster. I have been saving up my money and have a couple thousand dollars to buy a new computer. My main objectives it to be able to run Adobe CC and Camtasia so they run fast without a lot of issues. I have spent the day reading and watching videos and have seen a zillion suggestions, but figured I should go directly into the belly of the beast and ask actual Adobe CC users.

If I knew how to assemble my own computer, I would... but that is beyond me. Can some of you give me suggestions of out-of-the-box solutions that are just ready to rock and roll? I would love to spend less than $2000 if I can, but if needed I can go that high and maybe just a little more. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the first question is desktop or laptop?

the next question is Mac or Windows?

last question is what country... it makes a big difference finding parts and waiting for shipments

after that we can have a shot at helping you

p.s, my desktop system is a Ryzen. I have spent about a grand on it so far and out performs what Adobe needs... fyi the cpu does most the rendor work in all Adobe software so GPU isn't a major issue unless (like me) you also game

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows

Live in the US

San Diego, CA if that makes a difference?

I appreciate any and all help! Thanks

(don't play any games on computer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mrsandiego  wrote

Windows

Live in the US

San Diego, CA if that makes a difference?

parts are cheep and easy to come by then

you want cpu and ram for Adobe so Intel + ram or Ryzen + more ram

intel = avoid i5, I7 is better bang for your buck but I9 (if you can keep it cool) will power over the I7

Ryzen = avoid msi boards until they fix their bios and spend some of your cpu savings on extra ram... overall Ryzen will out perform but do your homework with the ram because there are still some combos that don't work

Windows = pick which build of wx you want then lock Microsoft out i.e, updates bugger performence unless you have all new gear... even then their drivers are low bar

if you have no clue at all then I'd goto one of the one-man computer shops that builds gaming rigs and talk to them... you don't need something flash but anyone that builds game rigs will also know how to get the best from a system and a budget of 11/2 - 2 grand gives you room to splash out a bit on a nice monitor or extra storage options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These links will let you buy a ready made Desktop Video Editing PC

-http://www.adkvideoediting.com/ or http://www.sharbor.com/ or https://www.pugetsystems.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

These links will let you buy a ready made Desktop Video Editing PC

-http://www.adkvideoediting.com/ or http://www.sharbor.com/ or https://www.pugetsystems.com/

ADK is out of business, even though their website is still active.

I recently purchased a system from Puget Systems and am very happy with it, however, I spent more than a couple thousand dollars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Hardware Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone! I spent all day watching several videos on how to build desktop computers and it does not seem that difficult. I think I am going to give it a try.. Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 1st editing computer (in 2002) was an Alienware that came bundled with Premiere 6 (the OLD version 6, not CS6)

After that, I have built ever faster computers... go slow, and be VERY careful that you understand which case cable connects to which motherboard pins and you should do fine

My latest build is from July 2014 so some parts are out of date in this list, but it still does well for my needs

-reply #6 for my hardware list in https://forums.adobe.com/message/6536849

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... here is what I purchased. Please let me know what you think before I put this together. I got everything in the mail today besides the motherboard and the case. They will be delivered Monday. I must say... it sure was fun opening the FedEx box today and seeing all those new shiny boxes of components.

Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core LGA 1151 Processor

32GB Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 MHz UDIMM

1TB 860 EVO SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD

500GB 860 EVO SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD

GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G Graphics Card

Republic of Gamers Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA1151 ATX

Hydro Series H55 Liquid CPU Cooler

SuperNOVA 750G2 750W Power Supply

S340 Elite Mid-Tower

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

And I got everything for $1944... right within my budget.

*** One of my friends just told me he thinks I need to upgrade the RAM to at least 3200 MHz. What are your thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should work just fine. I recently built a similar configuration and I'm very happy with it for Premier Pro, LR CL CC and PS 2108.

I have 2 SSDs and 4 HDs in full tower case.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that I would have changed is the CPU cooler. The H55 is OK only for stock speed operation, which completely negates the advantage of buying an unlocked, overclockable CPU and motherboard chipset. It leaves you with no headroom whatsoever for overclocking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! What cooler do you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines