• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of text box borders - InDesign?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm afraid I'm very new to this so may not have the correct language. I have just made a newsletter in indesign and thought the borders of the text boxes would disappear when I converted it to PDF. This isn't the case and it looks very messy. Is there a way I can get rid of them or have I done it all wrong in the first place? Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

It sounds like you might have a stroke set by default. First, open the Object Styles panel and find the object style used for text frames (it should have an icon with a T next to the name) and double-click on it to open the definition dialog. Go to the Stroke section and be sure that the color is set to None and the weight to 0.

If it's already set that way, the stroke is an override and will need to be removed manually. Select the text frames and open the Stroke panel, then set the weight to 0.

F

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you might have a stroke set by default. First, open the Object Styles panel and find the object style used for text frames (it should have an icon with a T next to the name) and double-click on it to open the definition dialog. Go to the Stroke section and be sure that the color is set to None and the weight to 0.

If it's already set that way, the stroke is an override and will need to be removed manually. Select the text frames and open the Stroke panel, then set the weight to 0.

Finally, with noting selected, click on the stroke proxy (same proxy appears in the bottom of the Tools panel, in the Swatches panel, and in the Control panel when you have a selection tool active -- it's the little square with the missing center, solid square is the fill color) and reset the stroke color to [None].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am having trouble getting rid of the text box border, I have tried the suggestions above and it seems to of worked on some of them but not others. Please see screenshot below where text boxes are still visible. Please can someone advise how to get rid of these?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are those items on a Master Page? If so, you will need to go to the Master Page and edit them there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are on the Master Page but still can't seem to get them to change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you select them at all?

It could be that they are locked, their layer is locked, or the Master Page you are looking at is based on another Master Page, so you would have to go to the other master to edit them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I've been dealing with this issue for hours and setting my stroke weight to 0 fixed it. Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I've been trying to look for the stroke weight setting but i cant seem to find it on my indesign? I havent yet downloaded the most recent update, could that be the issue? The text box colour is blue and i dont know if it will show when i print

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that what you are referring to is the frame selection color but it's better to see a screenshot to be sure. If it is the frame selection color, it won't print. It should be invisible if you switch to preview mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thanks so much, I switched to preview mode and the text box did not show. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also switch to overprinted preview, and it didn't show the text border lines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same problem is encountered, but even after doing so [i.e., the solutions given here] the stroke remains. therefore, after several attempts,Stroke around text.jpg I found this solution:

- go to the Paragraph Style [where the stroke around your text has visibility, like a table fine linner], Edit-> Paragraph Border -> deselect Border -> OK

Simple...for me now! Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines