Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign doesn't export background color - HELP

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I made a document in InDesign. On the A-Master page, I set the background color to yellow. Nevertheless, when I export the document (pdf/png ecc.), I don't get the yellow background! all the pages exported have a white background.

Why is that happening?

At the end of the export process, I get this message: version 4 ICC Profiles were converted to version 2 ICC profiles during PDF Export. Is this the source of the problem?

Thank you so much,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Paper color will not export. It is just for viewing. You'll need to draw a large yellow rectangle and put it behind all objects or put it on a master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

At the end of the export process, I get this message: version 4 ICC Profiles were converted to version 2 ICC profiles during PDF Export. Is this the source of the problem?

The profile message is not related.

If you are actually printing on yellow paper (the yellow is the paper color and not ink) then setting the [Paper] swatch to the paper color is correct. To view the paper color in AcrobatPro you have to do the same there. Just be aware that the Page Background color will not print.

Screen Shot 32.png

Screen Shot 31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set it to yellow, how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

I did it this way:

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 15.53.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create a frame on your Master Page and fill it with yellow, or did you edit the color called [Paper]? 

If it was by changing the appearance of [Paper], then you got the expected result. The Paper color does not print or export. It's a screen simulation of the physical paper you will be printing on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it in this way:
Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 15.53.06.png

Is this the 'paper'? Otherwise, how can I apply a background color to the page?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paper color will not export. It is just for viewing. You'll need to draw a large yellow rectangle and put it behind all objects or put it on a master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not happening 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might be best to start a new thread and show some screen shots of what you actually have on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profile message is not related.

If you are actually printing on yellow paper (the yellow is the paper color and not ink) then setting the [Paper] swatch to the paper color is correct. To view the paper color in AcrobatPro you have to do the same there. Just be aware that the Page Background color will not print.

Screen Shot 32.png

Screen Shot 31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines