• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG RAW Color processing

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with RAW DNG footage from a Canon 5d Mark iii running Magic Lantern. The footage is shot underwater so the color temperature is way off. When processing this inside Premiere Pro CC is looks like it doesn't effect the RAW data. Just the processed RGB data.

When  i process the footage in After effects with the Adobe Raw converter I get way better color results when changing the white balance. See difference.

Premiere Pro: (+79 on tint slider in Lumetri Panel)

Vinkeveen.00_00_44_16.Still001.jpg

AE: (+79 on tint slider)

M31-0916 (0-00-30-00) AE.jpg

The luxetri panel also doesn't show the shot color temperature. I suspect Premiere reads it as As Shot?

My Prores proxy's in Premiere look exactly the same as the DNG's when applying the Lumetri correction.

Do I miss something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Effects Control Panel when in Lumetri, is there a Master Clip setting applied to the media?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only a CinemaDNG Source Settings effect applied. When i match the color temperature here with after effects I get this result. This seems better but still not as rich in colours.

But I assumed that Lumetri effect looks directly into the DNG Format.

Vinkeveen.00_00_44_16.Still002.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For that type of media, the Master Clip things are processed before the Lumetri is.

And Lumetri doesn't 'see' any clip settings, that's all handled in Master Clip settings. Lumetri only responds to the media as it is passed to Lumetri, and if there's Master settings applied, after those.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines