• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW TO: Generating Shade Swatches (Color Stepped with Black) in InDesign

Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I present the following InDesign tip at conferences, Adobe User Groups, or in corporate on-site training classes, people go bonkers for it. That was the case at Portland State University last night, so I thought I'd share the tip here on the forums. The video is from my weekly InDesign Tip of the Week video series on YouTube.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pariah, thanks for posting the video.

It might be worth noting that there is no color management in InDesign for spot color tints or mixed inks, so the screen soft proof could be considerably less reliable than a process color soft proof where there are RGB and CMYK color profiles handling the preview. A mixed ink using 2 spot colors (not black) could be really tricky because the overprint of the two colors could change on press depending on the conditions.

So it's a cool technique as long as you are not depending on precise color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pariah,

Thanks for sharing this.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My pleasure! I hope you find it useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines