Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Creative Cloud worth the money?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

New to the photography game and debating between products. Is Adobe worth it?

Any insight appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends.

On what you want to do with the software.

Which apps will you be using?

Hobby or professional?

Which Cloud plan are you considering? Photography Plan? Are you prepared to subscribe to your software?

Which non-Adobe software are you comparing it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply John.

It's more of a hobby with some freelance work mixed in. Focusing mainly photography but also planning to get into some video eventually. I'm familiar with a decent amount of the apps but really like Photoshop and Lightroom. Debating the All Apps plan and would be okay with the commitment.

Haven't really been comparing to any other software. What are your thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked if it's worth the money. That's an individual decision based on budget, needs and workflow.

Some people hate subscriptions with a passion. If you're happy subscribing then it's more about tools, workflow and how you'll use the software.

Download a 7 day no-obligation trial and see what you think.

There's plenty of competition from Capture One, Luminar, ON1 Photo Raw and others. Over time, I have acquired all of them and like different aspects of each. For example, I like Lightroom but find importing to be slow. So I use ON1's browser to find my keepers then import keepers into Lightoom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate it. If I may ask, has the pricing increase changed your inclination to use Adobe products in anyway?

I understand that this is the first time they've raised prices, but I'm worried that it might continue given limited alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclaimer: as an Adobe ACP ( Meet the Experts ), I receive a complimentary Cloud membership in return for volunteering my time to contribute to and moderate these forums. So any comments I make about pricing may be perceived as biased.

I can understand the concerns about price rises though. It's been a lingering issue since the Cloud started. Again, an individual decision to weigh against the value of the software to you and your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i would find useful to have only Premiere and Photoshop at a lower price, instead of the whole suite. Adobe already offers limited suite for photography! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spiroidale  wrote

Hi, i would find useful to have only Premiere and Photoshop at a lower price

That's not an option. But You can take the Photography plan and Premiere as single app and pay less then the All app plan.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

spiroidale  wrote

Hi, i would find useful to have only Premiere and Photoshop at a lower price.

Adobe offers Elements -- lite versions of Photoshop & Premier.  A lower price and a much easier learning curve.   No subscription required.

Photoshop Elements 2018 and Premiere Elements 2018

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines