• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 18 Clean install advice PSE 14, 15 18 on same computer

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any good advice for me before I undertake uninstalling all my PSE Elements versions and reinstalling just pse 18…? I would like to clean up my computer and reduce the disk footprint from 3 Elements versions that are running on it. I do all my work in 18. I plan on continuing to use just PSE 18 but the little I have learned is it could possibly get quirky if I uninstall just the 2 previous PSE version. Tentative plan is to do a full backup to an external hard-drive of PSE 18 (already have one of 14 & 15). Then one by one uninstall all my PSE Elements versions, then reinstall PSE 18 and restore catalog from my backup. Any particular order to uninstall in? Would a backup done before I uninstall anything be any different from a backup done after I have uninstalled just PSE 14 & 15..? Much thanks for any advice that could save me unnecessary aggravation later on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Cleaner Tool:

Use the Cleaner Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't apply to me I do not use any Adobe cloud features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ronanxyz  wrote

No, it does also apply to Elements, even if it is not mentioned. (I had to use it once myself on a computer without the Adobe Cloud).

My own experience: I have versions 6, 10, 12, 14, 15 and 2018 installed on my main computer (Win 10).

Uninstalling older versions does keep all your catalogs from all versions, all your image files, all your Elements and Organizer preferences. It should not be necessary to start from scratch, but there has been very rare cases where problems appeared with the updating process, for instance with the ACR module.

Only if I met such issues, I would start with CCleaner then install the older software first, checking for updates, and re-install 2018 lastly.

As suggested by KumarPrakash, sign out before uninstalling to be able to reinstall on a new computer if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ronanxyz  wrote

It says:

If you’re having trouble installing Creative Cloud apps, Creative Suite (CS3–CS6) apps, Photoshop Elements, or Adobe Premiere Elements, the Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) Cleaner Tool can help. Likewise, if you're unable to connect to Adobe servers, the Cleaner Tool can help by removing entries in your computer's host files that are blocking access to Adobe software and servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would suggest you to sign out from PSE14 and PSE15 before uninstalling it and also taking the backup of your media again is never a bad idea.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines