• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everytime i click "preset" on my lightroom app it crashes, what could be the problem?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime i click "preset" on my lightroom app it crashes. I use a Mac osx and i have been having trouble trying to edit my pictures on my desktop because every time i click "preset" it crashes. I can click and use everything else but the "preset" button. What could be the issue? I already tried restarting my laptop as well as the application so i'm really confused as to why it still keeps crashing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Hi blessinga,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. We have identified this issue as a bug after the Lightroom CC 1.4 update. Our engineering team investigating a fix. In the meanwhile, please refer the available workaround for now to fix this issue.

Here's the link: Lightroom CC 1.4 crashes while opening the Presets panel

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi blessinga,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. We have identified this issue as a bug after the Lightroom CC 1.4 update. Our engineering team investigating a fix. In the meanwhile, please refer the available workaround for now to fix this issue.

Here's the link: Lightroom CC 1.4 crashes while opening the Presets panel

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and the path mentioned as a solution isn't available. Below is what I see. I am not sure how/where to fix. Any   updates on fix for this bug?

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 1.46.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shanad ,

You need to go to the User Library folder rather than the System Library.

How you can go to there- Click on Go at the Top Left side , Then select " Go To Folder "

There type  ~/Library

Then navigate to -> Application Support - Adobe - LightroomCC - Develop Presets.

Then you can follow the article mentioned above.

I hope this helps !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this still isnt a fix please helpScreen Shot 2018-08-14 at 17.20.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lindons,

Sorry to hear that. If Lightroom CC still crashing after following the workaround then, you can roll the Lightroom CC to 1.3 version.

Please refer the instruction : Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

We really appreciate your patience with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same issue. Everytime I press the "Preset" button in Lightroom CC it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, If install the previous version will I still recover the photos that I imported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Karen,

Yes you will be able to see all your synced photos.

Even if you install an older version.

If you have some sync activity pending like some images are still syncing to the cloud , make sure you let the sync complete and then reinstall the previous version.

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi karenb,

Have you tried the available workaround for this issue?

Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom CC 1.5.

This update includes the fix for Lightroom CC crashing after trying to go to the Presets tab | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Here's the list of what's new in this release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom CC across devices

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do we do when this work around doesn't work?? I did exactly what this work around sheet said and it is still crashing. Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 9.12.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lesley ,

If your application is still crashing after following the article , then i would recommend you to roll back to the Lightroom CC 1.3 Version.

You can install the previous version from the Creative Cloud Desktop Application.

You can follow this article for that - Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooooo much. I've been cracking my brain trying to figure out what the issue was. Thank you for helping me solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines