• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6 reinstalled: But i cannot import my old catalogue from back up.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to format my hard drive and reinstall the OS High Sierra 10.13.5 . on my iMac. I have a regular back up of documents and other stuff on an external hard drive.  i re installed LR 6 and updated it to version 6.14 . However, when i try and 'import' catalogue or 'open' catalogue i get this error:

" The Lightroom catalogue cannot be used because the parent folder "xxxx" does not allow files to be created within it.

How do i sort this out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a file and/or folder permissions problem. This is quite frequent with macs.

Using Finder, navigate to the folder containing your LrCat file.

Make sure the file, folder, and parent folder have READ and WRITE access for your account.

Sometimes you need to give READ and WRITE access to the "everyone" group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your prompt answer.

yes, that should do it, though i went about a roundabout way and have opened the catalogue, but would need to redo some of my latest photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines