• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to make a suggestion, it might be profitable for Adobe. (IDK where to post it, but like a feedback)

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Idk where to post this since I kinda tried to find where I can suggest such a thing)

1st of all, big fan of illustrator, and quite loved it when I used it for arts that captivated even my teachers
Examples of what I did on my free time:
Vector Artwork - Group 57 CyberCap by thunder-of-light on DeviantArt (made 2 head-shots per day, and I am the only one with colored eyes)
Ben Franklin taking a selfie by thunder-of-light on DeviantArt

Take note I really, REALLY hate piracy (I am the supportive type), but I also dislike that some things I can't even afford or even access (no internet at my place, so monthly payments are out of the question for the time being).

- I want to actually buy a legit copy of Adobe series, one it gives me joy of support to the creators, and I don't feel down when using them.
- I got little to no money, but I wanted to save up for such programs.

- I do not trust E-Bay, Amazon, and the sort, bad experience of buying illegal copies at first, had to report them but got no money back. Never bought once since then.

Anyhow to the main point of my suggestion:

Selling older products at lower price based on their version on your website. In a way it's a form of anti-piracy, it does encourage people to actually buy a less risky platform, and even add some level of support, not only to adobe but most people's self confidence.

I would love to at least see your starting programs, might be relics, but they did start your business. (I do keep some relics games at my place, even an old Pokemon yellow cartridge, due to fond memories).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting suggestion. I'm sure you're not alone in wanting this. Sadly, I'm also sure that Adobe will never take you up on it because they make their big profits from selling subscriptions and do not support back versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Barbara+Ash  schrieb

and do not support back versions.

I assume that this is a big issue. If you still sell it, you will have to support it. Also those versions don't run on the current systems and so it makes no sense selling them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With how digital downloads and even info of compatibility and unofficial patches; there is a possibility of some patched versions just for compatibility on the site. Though I'd say down to year 2000 versions have oldly high number of programs that still work even on Windows 10. So I got my hopes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 works just fine, by the way, on current Windows.

But there's a simpler and easier solution than selling and supporting older versions. But don't hold your breath. It also isn't going to happen as long as Adobe makes more money through Captive Creatives paying rent.

The current marketing scheme is all about Adobe, not the customer. As long as you think it "must be" Adobe software, Adobe holds all the cards. If the subscription scheme falls out of favor with too many users, there's nothing preventing Adobe from--at any time it wanted--simply selling the current version under a reasonably priced traditional perpetual license for a "limited time," and re-capture lost business of those of us who just aren't going to rent. It could do this every-other year, every five years, or never again (i.e., whatever works for Adobe).

But the rental scheme is all-or-nothing, and Adobe knows that. It's based upon Captive Customers becoming acclimated to it, having no other choice.

Choices exist; just not from Adobe.

I got little to no money

Inkscape, for one example, is free.

JET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorta off-topic, but I keep an older system Mac at home because, well first of all the machine still runs like a champ, and secondly there is no way I would be able to afford a new, comparable machine, much less replace all the software I have on it. Here at work I am using all new softs and some features aside, i can accomplish the same things new and old. So I could see the value of outdated software for students, and poor shleps like me.

...by the way I am rockin one of these ----> Image result for blue mac g4 tower

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pinstriped G4 identical to that one. Don't use it, though; it just takes up space.

Also have an original Mac Classic. I used to play Prince of Persia on it with my boys when they were little.

JET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JETalmage  wrote

I have a pinstriped G4 identical to that one. Don't use it, though; it just takes up space.

Also have an original Mac Classic. I used to play Prince of Persia on it with my boys when they were little.

JET

Ill take it!

I also have an OG Mac, the one with no internal HD that uses floppies. Still works lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(seems my log in got bugged and used a forgotten account)

Thx Jet, but what I can say about inkscape, it's quite known even in it's early stages.

1st time I tried it, wasn't worth it at the time, mainly due to my old computer and windows XP at the time, it ran awfully (even my more 3D programs worked way faster).

Retried a later version years later (with actually my next and current computer), but the shortcuts for me, wasn't the same as Illustrator, and brought more confusion then progress.

I might try it again, but it's no promise.

As for Sjaani​ thx I was trying to find it... too bad in there I can't seem to find a generic option... so posted it in illustrator again. (Can't edit a post...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William_Price  schrieb

Thx Jet, but what I can say about inkscape, it's quite known even in it's early stages.

Inkscape is 15 years old, so way beyond "early stages".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a feedback page, you might want to follow through and post your feedback/request here.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grea Idea but I think Adobe is going with their plans. We are not able here to do anything with suggestions like this since we are just volunteers....you might want to write the idea directly to them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Jet, but what I can say about inkscape...

Obviously, if you are inflexibly "married" to a single program's exact interface, then you have to use it at the vendor's terms. Not a great stance for someone with "little to no money."

I just pointed out that perfectly suitable alternatives exist.

JET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw this statue!!!!! It is in Phildelphia!

I took a picture of it years ago.  Funny to see the cell phone in the hand... very clever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines