Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Multifield value storage issue in AEM 6.4

Level 2

Hi,

We are working on AEM 6.4. We have multifield, nested multifiled component and we want to store all multifield values in JSON format.

Example:

{"description":"40k+","title":"PARTICIPANTS"}{"description":"60k+","title":"PARTICIPANTS"}

We tried with coral multifield but this saves values as nodes, which we are not looking for.

we tried using granite multifield, with acs-commons-nested property, but this also doesn't save values as JSON in 6.4. Its storing values as separate properties. Tried the below example:

Creating a Granite/Coral 6.3 Multifield HTL component for Adobe Experience Manager

Can you please suggest some solution for this.

Regards,

Tabassum

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I had similar issue in AEM 6.4 where Composite multifield is storing as JSON array in AEM 6.2 but not storing correctly in AEM 6.4, I added property with value as "JSON_STORE" as below and it solved the issue, now values are storing as JSON array in AEM 6.4

<field

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/fieldset"

acs-commons-nested="JSON_STORE"

name="./myUserSubmenu">

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

In AEM 6.3 and AEM 6.4 multifield values store in nodes not as JSON.

You can easily parse those nodes and use inside page without converting in JSON.

If you have specific requirement to serve JSON then need to write extra code to convert node into JSON just before serving.

Thanks
Arun

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I had similar issue in AEM 6.4 where Composite multifield is storing as JSON array in AEM 6.2 but not storing correctly in AEM 6.4, I added property with value as "JSON_STORE" as below and it solved the issue, now values are storing as JSON array in AEM 6.4

<field

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/fieldset"

acs-commons-nested="JSON_STORE"

name="./myUserSubmenu">

Level 2

Thanks Arun. That would be the last solution if nothing works.

Community Advisor

Hi,

I glad it works for you but things to note down it will only work with ACS Common and Coral2 components(Legacy CoralUI 2 Components — Granite UI 1.0 documentation ). And not going to work with Granite Components(Coarl3) Granite UI Foundation Server-side — Granite UI 1.0 documentation .

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi Arun,

Yes you are right. Will surely keep this in mind while implementing the changes.

Thanks for the information.

Level 3

Hi Arun,

I am also having similar kind of issue, we had multifield component n AEM 6.1 environment and all the fields have some data filled in the component's dialogs. But when i migrated to AEM 6.3 and changed the properties specific to coral3/granite types, the data is not there in the dialogs. I also have this property "JSON_STORE" but still it is not showing any data in the dialogs, which had earlier in AEM 6.1. Is it the point you are referring here that we need to change it in coral2 ?

Community Advisor

Hi ashishr1501,

As a best practice, you should be using Granite/Coral3 components from AEM 6.3 onwards. For this case either you can write some utility to read JSON from node property and create nodes structure for coral3 multifield or switch back to coral2 multifield component.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi, we are having problem with multicomposite field with RTE inside it. we need two tabs in the dialog. second tab need to have the multicomposite field with rte inside it. right now we have done some changes but it is storing the values in node structure. can anyone give a full example dialog for my above requirement. thanks in advance.

Level 1

I have an issue that in mutifield container, i add a colorfield in it, in edit dialog, set a value to the colorfield, save.

Then i open the edit dialog again, the colorfield value is shown, but when i save again, the value disappeared.

the colorfield works fine when not in multifield container.

It confuses me, anyone has suggestions? my email is niutianbo@hotmail.com

thanks, Jeffrey.