• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot watch youtube and use premiere together?

Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

recently i have no YouTube available for tutorials while editing in cc2018
with windows and nvidia graphics installed i have not had this before?

while having premiere open i would watch youtube for follow along tutorials but today i get a grey square in the YouTube page if i click on the premiere pro work area?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought is browser issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you watch other YouTube videos?

Is it only with Premiere open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i did manage to enjoy youtube and premiere by changing the disable video background settings..i think?
now i cant install multiple mogart packages for essential graphics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also have this problem and have been working with Nvidia on it. I have a K4000 graphics card. This problem is a recent problem within the last few months. I have changed many settings on the card and have noticed that if I reload the YouTube page, it can recover from the error the first time, after that it can lose audio etc.  I also notice that after the error occurs the size of the video in the window changed and it cuts off a part of the screen.  If I restart the browser and bring up the same video it will again be in the YouTube window correctly. 

I also notice that if I am watching a video on YouTube and start Premier, the moment that Premiere starts the YouTube video will produce the same error... "An error occurred. Please try again Later. (Playback ID:" a big hashed number. with a "Learn More" that does not offer any assistance.

I tried disabling video in background.  Do you mean  the checkbox on on the playback tab in Preferences? Mine says "Disable video output when in the background'.  I disabled it  and it YouTube still behaves the same way.

Nvidia had me use a driver cleaning tool to remove their software from the system and reinstall the latest drivers doing a clean install. Did not make a difference.

Please let me know if you have any success.  I often am looking at a technique or instructional video on YouTube and going back and forth practicing the technique. Thanks for your original  post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i forgot i had this posting ...
my issue was resolved somehow and now tackling the Ae problems i get from old project files!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea how you fixed it? I tried the "disable video output when in background" and it did not impact the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

imnot sure .. update drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines