• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn off the reference photo?

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After an update a month or so ago, I found that the reference image turned on and won't turn off again. I have tried everything I can think of, even re-installing the software and nothing helps. It doesn't matter if I'm in loupe mode or grid mode. I've tried clicking on reference mode and back to loupe mode and no change. I've tried unselecting all photos but it just pops back on again. It's driving me crazy because it means I can't arrow to the next photo as I develop because it will only flip between the two reference photos. How do I turn it off?

Thanks,

Michelle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Michelle,

Try clicking on the icon with the arrow pointing to it:

2018-01-27 14_06_45-5-2-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

If that doesn't work, try resetting your preferences:

Resetting the lightroom preferences file - updated

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Windows computer, all I have to do is press the letter D and the reference window goes away and I'm back in the regular Develop mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might sound like an odd thing to suggest but have you tried to remove that reference image? You can always add it back in. Right click > go to folder in library > select that image and remove it from the catalog (not delete from disk)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelle,

Try clicking on the icon with the arrow pointing to it:

2018-01-27 14_06_45-5-2-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

If that doesn't work, try resetting your preferences:

Resetting the lightroom preferences file - updated

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to this one directly since it didn't let me @ you in my other comment. Clicking the icon doesn't do anything when you're already in loupe mode but resetting the preferences fixed it so marking your answer as correct. Thanks!

Edit: Well, I guess this forum isn't threaded so it doesn't show up under the other comment and looks a little odd but hopefully it at least notified you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Glad to help.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem (Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 Release). After trying the reference photo option, a reference window won't go away. Pressing the D key does nothing, clicking on the Loupe button does nothing, deleting the preferences file does nothing.

If I select a photo (#4) in Library mode this is what I see:

c1.PNG

so far so good, now if I go into the Develop module, this is what I see:

c2.PNG

the display is hosed. The reference window never goes away.

I have Loupe selected but that little window wont go away:

c3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'floating' image could mean you possibly have a problem with the Video graphics.

Try-

Remove the tick from [Use Graphics Processor] in the Performance tab of the Preference dialog. (& Re-start LR)

Update the Graphics Card Driver from the manufacturer's website.

I would not expect that pressing D would do anything as you are already IN the Develop module to be using "Reference View"

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, no go. Unchecking the Graphics Processor didn't fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled and now the reference view is gone, but the map and web modules have a floating window that wont go away (even with the graphics processor unchecked):c1.PNG

c2.PNG

In addition, the tree view of my catalog is totally gone and if I move my mouse up and down over the left hand windows (like the Filter Collections) the icons disappear and then re-appear randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR is pretty much unusable now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your 'floating' windows look very similar to using a second monitor, but with only one monitor in use.

ScreenShot080.jpg

Checking the [2] button gives me a floating window- but I have menus and controls available.

Have you tried clicking on the second monitor button?

Otherwise I would still advise-

Re-install Lightroom-  But first do a full 'Clean' of Adobe files by using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. This often does a better job before you re-install from the CC Desktop AppUse the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

You havn't stated your Operating System! Have you tried updating or re-installing the video card driver software?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry. Windows 10. I checked the second monitor but its not that. I re-installed the graphics drivers but no-go. I reverted back to the drivers from Jan 2018 but that didn't work either. I re-installed LR but no-go. Strangely enough, if I select the Windows 8 Compatibility Mode for LR, the floating windows go away, but the tree view icons on the left panel appear and disappear randomly when the mouse cursor passes over them. I hadn't used LR for a few weeks so I'm not sure if it was the latest LR update or a Windows update that is causing the problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You certainly have some weirdness happening!

I am now out of suggestions, but more questions-

Did you run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool,  or did you just do a 'Windows' un-install, before re-installing?

Can you post the top 10 lines from-  LR Menu: Help > System Info...

And you pay a monthly subscription for Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess​ - I was already in the regular develop mode so that didn't do anything.

cmgap​ - I doubt that would have helped considering it chooses new reference photos whenever I go to a new directory.

@Hal P Anderson - Clicking the icon just takes you to loupe mode, which I was already in so that made no difference. However, resetting the preferences did the trick. Rather drastic and I hope I never have to do that again but it works, thank goodness. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in develop mode, press ( VIEW ---> CYCLE LOOP VEIW )

it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines