• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyframing HELP

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, every time I try to toggle animation I get the message "This action will delete existing keyframes. Do you want to continue?" What do I do???  I can not do any effects with this problem!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Why are you toggling the Animation on and off? You only need to do this once, to turn on keyframe animation. Once it is toggled on, you add additional keyframes via the Add/Remove Keyframe button:

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 8.26.33 AM.png

Once you have keyframes for the animation, clicking on the Animation toggle will potentially remove any keyframes you have for that parameter - which is why you get the warning.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you toggling the Animation on and off? You only need to do this once, to turn on keyframe animation. Once it is toggled on, you add additional keyframes via the Add/Remove Keyframe button:

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 8.26.33 AM.png

Once you have keyframes for the animation, clicking on the Animation toggle will potentially remove any keyframes you have for that parameter - which is why you get the warning.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you want to do is

1) adjust keyframe to make it do what you want

or

2) delete keyframe ..which will throw off the others in terms of the 'curves' already created...but you can then add another one and try to fix your problem.

It's hard to do... to make the timing and motion and opacity or whatever the keyframe is doing to behave properly but with patience and choices ( ease in, ease out, Bezier, etc. ) it can be done.

good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what MTD said, you only have to toggle the animation for a certain property once,

then when you move in the timeline (both the effects control timeline or the actual timeline),

and change the value for that property you toggled the animation for, this will automatically

create a new keyframe with the new value. Your animation will play between those 2 keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We understand.
Still looking for a way to turn this warning off as it's disruptive when amending long-form with previous animated camera moves!  Turning this warning off (like in AE) would save a few hours over a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines