• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic cc color and banding corruption on some images after import.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was very surprised to see that on my last 2 shoots I had some of my RAW images suddenly change to a very dark color often with a strange bright tint, like green, red etc.

If I see the image like this in the Library module, it can be Reset in the Develop module. I've shot both on Nikon and Canon DSLR's and found the same fault. I've read that it could be the SD card etc etc. I've changed nothing in my hardware nor the way I shoot (always in RAW) so I can't see how this comes about. It'd very frustrating to suddenly see images in the Library Module turn dark with a strange tint for no reason and can't submit to clients' till it's been sorted.

Can anyone throw some 'light' on this please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be extremely helpful if you showed us a screen capture of this problem.

If it can be reset in the develop module, does the History panel on the left indicate that a preset was applied at import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your very prompt response. Having rectified the faulty images, I don't have any to forward. I did notice that this happened with both the Canon and Nikon DSLR's raw files. In fact the Canon CR2 images that showed this fault were from last year, when I happened to go back to review them on LR Classic CC. The Nikon images were from a week back. Both also showed some block discoloured banding. And as I mentioned earlier, a Reset in the Develop module sorts it out, though it can reappear once or twice more. So I do feel it seems to be an odd LR Classic CC issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managed to find an image in question:-

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 22.27.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the fault in this image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the original Raw file without processing:-

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 23.03.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact you can reset the image and it looks normal means there is a difference in LR adjustments between the two versions of the image, but you haven't really explained what's different, only that you don't like it and aren't sure how the images got that way.

Do you know what non-default LR settings have been applied to the "faulty" image that you posted a screenshot of, first?

It has strong colors and contrast which could be the result of too high a Dehaze setting, or a Curve operation with different settings for the various RGB channels, or the application of one of Adobe's new artistic color profiles, or some third-party film-simulation profile, like VSCO, or the settings are just set that way for a reason you can't explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't the best example to show what I'm really concerned about but it's the only image presently 'faulty' as I can see. Pity I didn't screen save the nasty color and banded images that just suddenly converted themselves before I reset them. Perhaps one will appear later when I go through my images. I'm quite surprised that no-one else has had this issue. All happened after the last LR Classic CC update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to go back to the History step before the Reset and see the previous version of the image if the issue is settings based and then just go examine the settings that aren't default, like Dehaze or Camera Profile or Curves, to see what's different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For example, starting with your screenshot which is different than starting with the original raw, I can make it look similarly harsh, except blues instead of greens, by assigning the Modern 01 profile, settings its amount to 200, changing the WB to more blue and more green, and adding some Dehaze:

Looking back in History, are all the pre-Reset settings identical, or at least the subset responsible for the unexpected color treatment, all identical?  Having more photos selected than you expect, and applying an artistic preset or having AutoSync enabled while doing something artistic, would explain the situation, assuming it is settings-based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

surfjma  wrote

... I've changed nothing in my hardware nor the way I shoot (always in RAW) so I can't see how this comes about...

You may not have changed hardware, but hardware does eventually fail.  Can you post a screen shot of what the images looks like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines