• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Pending Premiere Pro CC

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Title is a bit wrong. I can start Premiere pro but I can't press anything. If I press something for example "File" the Windows sound sounds. It opens a window and there stands "Media pending" in many languages (Picture down below).

Unbenannt.PNG

[title edited by mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Hi filipm30695978,

Sorry for the issue. Try clearing the media cache: FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

and reset the preferences: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro? and check the issue.

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi filipm30695978,

Sorry for the issue. Try clearing the media cache: FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

and reset the preferences: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro? and check the issue.

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Vidya

Thanks for the links, that really helped me. Now everything works and I have no problems anymore

Thanks,

Filip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - hear me out. I am a professional editor, have worked at several large-scale tech companies, all in a post-production capacity, and now independently. I have a brand new 2017 iMac Pro, 10 cores, 64GB RAM, and the Vega 64 graphics card. It's a dream machine, capable of anything at enormously high speeds. Except Premiere. I started work on a large project two days ago. Media Pending. Then I bought a G-Tech 8TB RAID with thunderbolt 3, RAID 0 configuration for performance. Media Pending. Crashes. Then I converted all of the Canon footage into ProRes. Media Pending. Crashes. Then I cleared cache, reset preferences, uninstalled Premiere, reinstalled it, called customer support, had them control my computer, try every permissions trick possible. Media Pending. Then I dragged my old project into a new project. Media Pending. Crashed. I lost two days of work on a tight deadline because Adobe can't figure out how to optimize for Mac.

Today I made the leap and switched to FCPX. Loaded all media instantly. Scrubs lightning fast. Never crashes. I was editing immediately.

As an editor, I don't want software to get in the way of my creativity. That's why I don't use Windows. I use Mac. My single and entire focus is to tell stories, and if something as trivial as avoidable software issues stands in that way of that, we have a problem. For years I have used Adobe products because they provided me with that benefit. Over the last few years though - and the final straw was this week - I am leaving Premiere behind. I didn't pay $7000 for a an editing computer, $400 a year for Adobe, $600 for a top of the line RAID, so that I could waste time not editing and stressing about delivering to my client on time. Because of Premiere.

You might say "It may be something else, not the software." FCPX (and Resolve, for that matter) work completely fine. It's Premiere. Everyone knows it's buggy, but at this point the community is so invested in it that very few people are willing to give it up.

My solid advice? If you are being paid to edit, $300 is nothing to learn a new program and avoid the negligence that Adobe has bestowed upon its Mac users. I'm sorry if I sound indignant or whiny, but clearly anyone who's landed in this thread can imagine the predicament I found myself in: Spend days (time, money) playing a guessing game to try and possible solve a massive issue, or invest in something that just works.

Option B. Bye Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, he's right.  Premiere and AE used to be the only game in town worth playing.  Unfortunately, the reputation of laggy, buggy software has many long-time customers looking to see what else is available out there. 

My guess is Adobe is making the shift to "consumer grade" mobile apps and will be abandoning Pro users in the years ahead.  It will be interesting to see who steps in to fill the gap.  My money is on DaVinci. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally  agree. Adobe is making the same move apple did with fcpx: moving to the mass market. Signs show with constant updates that bring new “tools” catered more to the one-man-band type of workflow than to The pros. Look at avid.  They just make sure their beast is strong and reliable even if not as “pretty“ and user friendly as the other platforms. They know that pros will work with a team of graphic designers, sound mixers and colorists.

As a pro editor i am also contemplating Davinci.... until they do the same as apple and adobe.  So maybe it’s time to download avid...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines