• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is alternatate plug-in option is PS 2018?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to replace my previous desktop with a new one and thus lost Win 7 for security-obsessed Win 10. This meant reinstalling many apps, including PS, but Program Files folder is read-only in Win 10 and cannot be changed. This means I cannot move plug-ins to PS on new machine. But they are on previous drive, which has been moved to new computer. How do plug-ins that do not have installers get into PS? I see no remote plug-in folder option in PS 2018. I'm admin for computer but it doesn't care when it comes to program folders.

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Hi Ed,

Sorry that you cannot find or successfully migrate plugins from your older computer.

Please take a look at this guide Migrate presets, actions, and settings  that will help you in migrating plugins to your new desktop.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ed,

Sorry that you cannot find or successfully migrate plugins from your older computer.

Please take a look at this guide Migrate presets, actions, and settings  that will help you in migrating plugins to your new desktop.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines