Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone help me get the right setting

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I'm sitting on a Mac (MacPro3,1) and have installed a new version of PremierePro CC. I'm shooting with a Sony EX3 camera and usually add the material to an external hard disk. The operating system (High Sierra v. 10.13.5) and PremierePro are installed on a ssd hard drive. In addition, I have three hard drives in raid where I usually add the material to work with. Should I work with proxys and how do I set up everything? Can anyone help me get some more performance from the program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problems using EX files on a Window 10 machine. The Sony file format is one of the easier ones for premiere to handle. For normal HD work proxies are usually not required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I edit Sony EX footage natively on my iMac 14,2 without issues.

What are the exact specs of your Mac 3,1 (CPU speed, number of cores, RAM, etc.)

The spec sheets for a Mac 3,1 shows it shipped with a Radeon HD 2600 XT graphics card with 256MB of VRAM, this might be a problem as that is very little VRAM.

Here are the current tech specs to run Premiere Pro on a Mac:

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 6.58.26 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines