• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted topics showing up in Search Results

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2009 Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize if this has been covered previously -- please re-direct me if it has.

When I generate and view my HTML Help file, topics display in the Search tab that no longer exist (ones that I deleted previously). Furthermore, duplicate topics display -- with one linking to the correct topic and one going to an error page. What could be causing this? Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Dave

When you say you "Deleted" the topics, where exactly did you delete them from?

I ask because it's not uncommon for someone to remove a topic from the TOC editor and be shocked that the topic is still present in the project. Removing from the TOC is like removing a link from a web page. You aren't really deleting the topic, you are simply removing a reference pointing to a topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted them from the Project Manager. To be more clear, when I click the topic from the search results page, an error comes up that says the page cannot be found (obviously, since it has been deleted). But it still displays in the search results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2009 Mar 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a find on one of the topic names throughout your entire project and see what come up. You'll probably find a rogue reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, Colum.

I did a topic search and these topics do not display. The only time they display is when I do search in the CHM (HTMLHelp) file. Then a error message displays, saying the topic could not be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for dependencies in the Index but none were connected to these topics. Does anyone know the logic behind populating search queries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any merged files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no merged files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My be worth renaming the projectname.cpd file and then recompile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

In addition to what Colum suggested, here is one other thread that may be useful. It has a post from Pete Lees that lists a couple of other threads.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum -- no dice.

Rick -- what thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In my best Homer Simpson...

D'oh!

Click here to read the thread

Need.... more...... Coffee.........

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp