• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black bar (video scrunching) after color correction on certain format

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did my first color pass and afterwards noticed this black bar on the bottom of some of my clips -- appears to be 'scrunching' the image upwards by that amount.

At first it seemed to be caused by Lumetri, as when I would turn it off via the Effect Contros panel it would return to regular size (i.e. expand and no black bar). But now I can't even replicate that, it remains regardless. It is there in preview as well as upon export.

It's only on the MOV files, the other formats (i.e. MTS, MXF) are unaffected.

(Side note: this seems to have started with the latest update on Premiere Pro CC)

Thoughts?

Fine Cut.00_01_28_03.Still002.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are proxies in use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but these were imported from Adobe Prelude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

What camera was used for the .mov files?  What resolution and frame rate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The affected clips were shot with a Canon 5D MkII, the others with a C100 MkI and a XF100. All clips are same res and frame rate (1920x1080, 23.976fps).

Upon further investigation in a previous rough cut it seems to be ONLY those from Prelude are affected. But in my more recent fine cut, it's both, but only those from the 5D MkII.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markz631  wrote

No, but these were imported from Adobe Prelude.

Were the camera masters transcoded by Prelude? Or just logged?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just logged. Regardless, both Prelude clips and original clips are affected by the issue.

Edit: Opened Prelude project and the same thing is now occurring there too! Only on the 5DMKII footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original media file: Screenshot 2018-08-13 12.37.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, had tried many of those steps, including that one.

I  resigned to transcoding the original problem clips into a different H.264 and treating them like proxies, relinking them all. It was a bit tedious but seems to be a work around. I don't consider the problem 'solved' per se, because it was not doing this until the latest update of Premiere Pro. Coincidentally, the software is also lagging extremely slow since that 'update,' something that I am seeing as a problem for others.

Appreciate everyone's help on this. So close to the finish line on this big project; very frustrating to have this issue come up when it did -- but isn't that how it always goes? 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same issue with the same camera (5d mkii). I did not use prelude though. I have directly imported my clips.  I also used footage from a Canon 5d mkiv and mkiii and did not have any issue. Also, the footage plays back fine outside of premiere but once imported it displays the black bar even in the source monitor.  Like you, I followed many of the troubleshooting suggestions from above but haven't found any solutions.  Your relinking after transcoding is a good idea and I may give that a shot. I am first going to install the latest update (Oct 15th, 2018 update) and see if that update fixes the issue. I am skeptical it will though. I'll reply again here once I have installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines