• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make Adobe my default PDF program, and get rid of Nuance!

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed a Brother all-in-one printer. The software package included Nuance Paperport with PDF viewer PLUS SE, which I do not want to open my files!!! I had it in the past and it was nothing but trouble!! I had a very hard time to Uninstall it the last time I had it on another machine!! It came along with the Brother Software that was downloaded this time. Do I simply Uninstall it from my Programs list (Windows 10), or will it refuse to go away because it's origin was within the Brother Software?? If that doesn't work, is it easier to make my Adobe Program the default Program for opening up my files? I think the Chrome icon used to appear on my files prior to this Nuance Program. I realy don't care if it's Adobe, or Chrome, as long as I can get rid of the Nuance Paperport junk!! Can you please help me??  Thanks,  John

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to change the association so that the computer knows the PDF open Acrobat, not another program. Here are directions from CNET:

How to set default programs in Windows 10 - CNET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines