• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export recorded 21:9 gameplay as 16:9 for youtube

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recorded gameplay on my 34" monitor using Nvidia Shadow thing in 21:9 ratio. The ratio all clips are recorded in is 1920 by 802. Now I am trying to render the video so it can be watched in full screen on youtube regardless of any top or sidebars. I have tried creating a thousand sequences with different presets (1920 by 1080 etc...), cropping with different values, and in the end export window changing the parameters. Nothing has worked and cant find any help on entire net.Untitled.png

Every rendered video plays as a box in the middle of screen on wide monitor, youtube, and my Note 8.

I just need it to display as any regular 16:9 video unlike the box in the pic, dont care if some of the sides get trimmed.

Here's link to latest Youtube upload Battlefield 1 War Pigeon Fast-Paced Gameplay - YouTube

ps. I know to play and record in 16:9 ratio by changing Nvidia resolution from now on...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, changing your recording setting to 16:9 is going to be ideal going forward. As for stuff you've already recorded, you'll want to bring the footage into a 1920x1080 sequence and adjust the scaling to size the video up or down to fit the frame and eliminate the letterboxing (black bars above and below your video) or pillarboxing (black bars to the left and right).

The video you linked is slightly sped up, is that intentional?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha nice catch . At the beginning with the music it's supposed to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so the preview window in the sequence is supposed to be the aspect ratio you set, I did not know that before.

And I just went ahead and used the scale function to zoom in on the video that seems to have done the trick, although with both sides chopped off to an extent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is to be expected, a 21:9 video will not fit perfectly in a 16:9 ratio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines