• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 17 Documents Revert to Acrobat Reader DC Following Save

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I save a document I have been working on in Acrobat Pro 17 it seems to revert to an Acrobat Reader DC file. This obviously means that when I open the file again I have no access to any of the Pro tools which I have been using.

My question is: What can I do to re-open files in Pro 17 rather than Reader DC? Is it a case of asking our IT helpdesk to remove Reader DC or is there a simpler way?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

In the preferences of Adobe Acrobat you can set it as default PDF handler.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find out how to set your PDF file association to the program you wish to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no good reason to have both Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Reader installed on the same system. The functions of Reader are a subset of those of Acrobat Pro.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such thing as an "Acrobat file" or a "Reader file". They are all PDF files, it's just a question of which application opens them.

Why do you have Reader if you have Acrobat, though? There's no need for it, unless you want to test the files you create in that application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Acrobat Reader and repair the installation of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies guys.

The reason I currently have both is that I work for a large organisation and have no administrator rights. When I asked to have Pro installed the IT guys installed it but left reader there as well.

I was asking the above question to see if there was an easy way to do it without having to go to our IT to have Reader removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the preferences of Adobe Acrobat you can set it as default PDF handler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines