• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XMP presets won't select

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Wondering if anyone is able to help a clueless girl trying to use Lightroom?

I downloaded some Presets from a blogger i follow and they are showing up in my downloads as XMP files. However when i go to import them from my documents/downloads (i have tried moving them to different locations) they show up but won't let me select them? They also sometimes show up still with an internet icon on the left hand side?

Could anyone please tell me what i should do/am doing wrong ?

Claudia x

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi claudias,

Could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you are using now? If you are using Lightroom 7.3.1 and later version then, you can import the presets within the Lightroom.

Refer the below screenshot.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have better luck pasting the presets into the appropriate folder. Using the Import dialog doesn't always work, depending on how the maker organized them.

Go to Preferences (LR menu on Macs, Edit on PCs), click on the Presets tab, and then click on "Show LR Presets Folder." Paste the presets into the appropriate folder (Develop, Local, Print, etc.). If you aren't sure, they are probably Develop presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TexasErin  wrote

I have better luck pasting the presets into the appropriate folder. Using the Import dialog doesn't always work, depending on how the maker organized them.

Go to Preferences (LR menu on Macs, Edit on PCs), click on the Presets tab, and then click on "Show LR Presets Folder." Paste the presets into the appropriate folder (Develop, Local, Print, etc.). If you aren't sure, they are probably Develop presets.

That button leads to the old presets folder. If the OP is using Lr Classic 7.3 or higher, and the presets are already in the new XMP format, then that is the wrong folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point!

Are the presets in zipped folders? They shouldn't be. And are you trying to import folders of presets or individual presets?

Try navigating to the proper folder to paste them there. The new folder location on Macs is:

User>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Camera Raw>Settings. You can paste unzipped folders inside this folder, or paste individual presets inside the User Presets folder.

Not sure what the Windows equivalent is but you can search for Camera Raw or Settings to locate it.

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines