• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Primary Text Frame --- server

Participant ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I using INDESIGN server? How to enable the text frame as primary text frame.

for client using select comment. But its not working in server.

curItem.select();                                      

app.menuActions.item("Primary Text Frame").invoke();                                    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Can you please confirm the menu action working status in Indesign server scripting.

if no please let me know the alternative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi priyak7746321 ,

See into my suggestion to do a new document with a primary text frame and then duplicate the master spread over to your document.

Re: Master page text frame change to primary text frame

Use the master spread that you duplicated instead of the one you have the text frame that you want to convert to a primary text frame.

Move all other objects that may be positioned on your original master to the duplicated one as well. Also guides.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the solution with duplicating the spread:

Re: C#/JavaScript How to Set Primary Text Frame?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The way I found was to create a preset and set createPrimaryTextFrame to true, use the preset to create your document.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pickory,
I think the question points more to the direction to add a primary text frame to an existing document.

And that is a problem with documents that were created where createPrimaryTextFrame was set to false.

But also with documents where createPrimaryTextFrame was set to true and the primary text frames were removed.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines