Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog migration Lightroom 5.0 to Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having some trouble in the migration process of my catalog from lightoom 5.0 to Lightroom CC. (34'000 photos and around 350 GB)

I did the following step as written in the support page:

1. Installed Lightroom Classic CC

2. Imported the catalog in Lightroom Classic CC

Everything fine at this point

Now I should migrate the catalog to Lightroom CC but it fails.

• First i was trying to import only the catalog without the original image and it was faling right at the start, then I connected NAS with the original images and now goes futher till the "file path check" (" Validazione percorso file") then "images validation"  ( "Convalida delle immagini") then it stop with the "migration error" message without futher infomration.

My SO and program disc (C:) is almost full 10 GB left, while my storage disc (D:) got planty of space left ( 700 GB), Could this be a problem?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom CC preferences, check the path and size for temporary local storage.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to change to my D: drive but it fails, doesn't start the "file path check" nor "images validation".

Is it possible to instal lightroom CC on a custom folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installaed Lightroom on D:, migration still fails

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you migrate a Lightroom Classic catalog to Lightroom CC, two things must happen:

1: The images from the Lightroom Classic catalog must be available, because they need to be uploaded to the cloud. You can't "only migrate a catalog", you'll migrate everything.

2: Because these images are first copied to a new location, that new location needs to have enough space for that.

So, first of all make sure that the NAS is connected, because that is where your original images are. Then in Lightroom CC, go to Preferences - Local Storage and change this to your D: drive*. And check that 700 GB is enough to hold a copy of all your original images. Then try to migrate that catalog again.

*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS INSTALLING LIGHTROOM CC ON YOUR D: DRIVE! LIGHTROOM CC NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED IN THE DEFAULT LOCATION ON THE C: DRIVE.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the support, but unfortunately i haven't succeded yet.

I also checked the classic CC catalog and there was some original image link missing, sorted it but still get the same migration error.

1. The orginal image are available and the NAS is mapped and connected, in lightroom classic CC every image is linked to the orginal.
  2. The new location on the NAS has plenty of space 1 TB free space ( the orginal images are about 380 GB). In my C: i only have 35 GB available.

The path name is the mapped NAS folder

Cattura5.PNG

This are the image of the migration process that fails

Cattura3.PNG

When this phase is finished it appears some other text, but it's to fast to read then I get error message.

Cattura4.PNG

Any new suggestion?

Should I try to split the catalog in smaller pieces? Will I be able to merge them togheter afterward in Lightroom CC?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’m not sure, but I think that Lightroom CC cannot use a NAS for external storage.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines