• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering to Lightroom from my Canon 1DX mark1

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tethered from my Canon 1Dx onto my laptop for years. Until last week it worked fine on set up and then it stopped.

Now the camera will show up, but the settings won't and the photos don't upload. My back up older Canon 5D mark2 tethers fine, my big baby Canon 1DX just doesn't.

I've updated Lightroom, updated firmware on camera. got new cable, checked the usb on notebook, got wobbly mini usb on camera fixed, still only reading the camera, not the setting, not uploading the images.

HEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update Canon utilities perhaps? Make sure that attaching your camera does not automatically start EOS Utility in the background, because that prevents Lightroom from tethering.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is actually reading the camera, but not showing setting and not uploading the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom 6

I am not seeing the Canon 1DX mark1 on the list of supported cameras for the latest version of Lightroom, see the link above

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DdeGannes  wrote

A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom 6

I am not seeing the Canon 1DX mark1 on the list of supported cameras for the latest version of Lightroom, see the link above

It's there, but it's a little further down the list for some reason. It's supported from Lightroom 4.2 already. Please also note this: For the 60D, 5D Mark III, and 1D X, a card must be in the camera for tethering to work properly.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wuaw, I haven't even though about that. Seriously? Can I donwgrade my lightroom? am I supposed to chuck my camera? There is nothing wrong with my camera, am I supposed to chuck in the bin? I cannot believe it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so it;s all High Sierra problem. I've downgraded  to Os Sierra adn all my problems are solved!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines