Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ZOOM Microphone not recognised by Premier Pro

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a ZOOM microphone that worked well with the old Premier Pro version, however, since using Premier CC 2018 the software does not connect with the microphone in any shape or form.

I tested the microphone with Window and it works fine but Premier Pro and Audition doesn't see it, what can I do to fix this?? I'm left without being able to record any audio.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model Zoom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the Zoom H4N the old model I believe there’s a new one now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere, if you right click on an audio track header and choose Voice Over Record Settings:

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 7.41.25 AM.png

Is your device appearing/selected as the Source:

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 7.41.39 AM.png

In Audition, if you go to Preferences > Audio Hardware, is your device appearing/selected as the Default Input:

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 7.40.11 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the zoom h4n is not a microphone. it is a recorder. if you are trying to use it as a microphone using output (headphone) back to your computer you are dealing with a mismatch re: ohms, etc. I have one and won't bother testing it to use as a microphone because that's just plain NOT what it's meant to be.

Get a real microphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, that's not something you connect to Premiere Pro.  You record onto SD cards and then use a card reader to transfer those recordings to the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines