• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image changes on Export

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export a particular image from Lightroom Classic CC, whether to my hard drive or moving it to Photoshop CC for further editing, the image changes. Specifically, colour balance of darker sections of the image changes from brown to a purple tint. I like the image in Lightroom and do not like what it changes to. Is there some way to keep it the way it looks in Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Michael, I had no problems inserting the screenshots you sent me, so try a different web browser the next time, or copy and paste images into the reply box.

I don't know what's causing this, although I vaguely remember having seen posts about the same problem before.

But I suggest that you first of all make sure that your graphics driver is up to date.

If updating the graphics diver doesn't help, try do disable the GPU in ACR and/or Photoshop.

In Photoshop, press Ctrl+K to bring up preferences, and

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to my question, Image in Lightroom is a Raw file, exported as JPEG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MichaelG,

As the image is changing it's color, it seems like an issue with the color calibration. Could you please let us know which operating system you're working on?

Also, could you try color calibrating your monitors and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am working with Windows 10. Will try monitor calibration though not sure how to do this.

Regards, Michael Greaves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information Michael, please try the steps mentioned on this article and see if it helps: https://www.windowscentral.com/five-reasons-why-surface-go-better-students-and-two-reasons-choose-ip...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, sorry but I don’t see anything in the article that appears to relate to my issue. Could you be a bit more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion, this was the article I meant to share: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-calibrate-your-pcs-monitor-windows-10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have now checked monitor calibration, all seems fine but problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots that show the difference – the entire Lightroom window with an image open in Develop, and the Histogram visible – and the same image open in Photoshop (also the entire window). Make sure that the status bar in Photoshop is set to Document profile (click the little arrow to bring up the menu).

PS-document-profile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for your continuing interest in my issue. Attached please find screenshots as requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshots didn't come through, so I guess you're replying by email, which doesn't allow attachments.

Visit the forum in a web browser, and click the image icon in the toolbar to insert images.

insert-image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried to attach jpg images on the website, but get a message saying image type is forbidden. Do you have a regular email address I could use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPGs are allowed but the size has to be reduced.

How are you taking screen shots? Both Windows and Mac have built in programs or features to take screen shots. Snipping Tool in Windows and OS X has a set of keyboard shortcuts to take a screen shot. Both of those save the SS as a PNG file to your local hard drive which you can then post in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed you are right, the snipping tool did produce png files. Unfortunately they also triggered a “forbidden” message, which is why I tried saving them as jpg’s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a maximum file size of 8 MB, if the files are larger than that, use Save for web in Photoshop to reduce the quality - for jpg try Quality 30.

Alternatively, put the files on Dropbox or another file sharing service, and post the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have reduced file sizes to about 165Kb although they were smaller than 8Mb in the first place. Same result. Have tried sending you a message by WeTransfer but don't know if you will get it. Let me know. Don't use Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, I had no problems inserting the screenshots you sent me, so try a different web browser the next time, or copy and paste images into the reply box.

I don't know what's causing this, although I vaguely remember having seen posts about the same problem before.

But I suggest that you first of all make sure that your graphics driver is up to date.

If updating the graphics diver doesn't help, try do disable the GPU in ACR and/or Photoshop.

In Photoshop, press Ctrl+K to bring up preferences, and uncheck Use graphics processor in the Performance tab.

In ACR, also press Ctrl+K to bring up preferences, and uncheck Use graphics processor at the bottom.

Lightroom.PNG

Photoshop.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Ligthroom are you running? (Help > About Lightroom)

And which version of the Camera Raw plugin for Photoshop? (Help > About plugins > Camera Raw)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for your interest in my issue.

I am running Lightroom Classic CC 2018 and Camera Raw 2018. I doubt the problem is anything to do with Camera Raw as I have not used this. The changes to the image are visible after exporting direct from Lightroom as JPEG file to either Photoshop CC 2018 or to a folder on my Windows 10 PC. In both cases the changes look the same. I have tried using other file types (PSD, DNG) with same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The changes to the image are visible after exporting direct from Lightroom as JPEG file to either Photoshop CC 2018 or to a folder on my Windows 10 PC.

You need to explain your workflow in more detail.

Are you opening the exported jpg in Photoshop, or are you using Edit in Photoshop from Lightroom?

Are you shooting raw or jpg?

In what application are you viewing the exported jpgs?

Again, I have to ask you to provide the exact version numbers of Lightroom and the Camera raw plugin for Photoshop.

If you are using Edit in Photoshop from Lightroom with raw files, they will open silently in Camera raw before appearing in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no LR Classic CC 2018 and Camera RAW 2018. Both have specific Version Numbers and that is what was asked.

So in LR go to the help menu and select System Info and post the first 5 lines from the dialog window that comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

The info from Lightroom is as follows:

Lightroom Classic version: 7.4

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition

Version: 10.0.17134

Camera Raw is version 10.4

I am processing a Raw (.CR2) image in Lightroom, then using File, Export to send it to a folder on my PC as a JPEG. I then open the JPEG in Windows Photo. Alternatively in Lightroom I use Photo, Edit in Photoshop, and the image then appears in Photoshop. In both cases the image colouring is altered and both look the same. I have tried using a non-JPEG file (.psd and .dng) with same result.

Hope this is clear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have matching versions of Camera raw in Lightroom and Photoshop, so that's not the problem.

Most likely, you have a defective monitor profile, which is quite common on Windows 10, which often installs low quality profiles when doing updates.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB (use Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor).

Go to Control panel > Color management, and first of all, make sure that Use my settings for this device is checked.

Then add the sRGB profile, and set it as default. Restart Lightroom and Photoshop for the change to take effect.

If this fixes the problem, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I have now checked monitor calibration and set all colour formats to sRGB. Unfortunately problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have done as you suggest, but problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines