• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stacking files on network drive

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you edit photos that are located on a network drive (AFP or SMB), they are not stacked with the originals.

When working on a local drive everything is fine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For images to be stacked they must all be in the same folder on the same drive.

Are the images you are trying to stack all on your network drive and in the same folder as the original?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are saying that your originals on the local drive? Confirm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All images are on the same folder on network drive.

I use "Edit with Photoshop" menu and then "Save" in Photoshop.

The image automatic saves at the same folder as Tiff-file

Everything works correctly if the files are on the local disk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you manually stack the images on the network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but its very long and difficult becouse first I need to synchronize the folder (200-2000 photos) so that new edited photos appear in it, and then find them to merge into a stack.

I am talking about dozens of photos, on my local drive everything happens automatically!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rom777  wrote

Yes, but its very long and difficult becouse first I need to synchronize the folder (200-2000 photos) so that new edited photos appear in it, and then find them to merge into a stack.

I am talking about dozens of photos, on my local drive everything happens automatically!!!

Then it's not just a Stacking problem. Normally when sending a file to PS and Saving (Not Save As) in PS that image file is returned to LR with "Edit" (or whatever you selected as a name add on) and either TIF or PSD file extension.

From your above reply to be able to Stack the edited image with the original you first have to Sync the folder which means the PS edited image is NOT being Added to the LR catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>From your above reply to be able to Stack the edited image with the original you first have to Sync the folder which means the PS edited image is NOT being Added to the LR catalog.

Yes, but it's not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All images are on the same folder on network drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines