Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting and Copying Edited Clips that have markers

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am relatively new to Premiere Pro and I apologise if what I am about to ask has already been put up. I really hope there is a solution for my problem...

I have sporting footage (cricket) that I film. I import all the AVCHD files from my Sony Camera into the timeline (sequence). I then edited (and remove) the unwanted vision (between deliveries) by the usual methods of editing. After I have finishing editing the game, I could have up to 600 individual clips. As I go through the edit, I have been marking (with 'Markers') the clips I would like to bring out to include in a Highlights timeline (sequence) to output a Highlights.MP4 file. I have been adding a marker on the clip itself, so I can identify these clips at the end of the edit. (see sample photo below)

Question is: Is there a function or way in Premiere Pro that I can automatically selecting the clips that have been marked, copy them and paste them into a new timeline (sequence), so I can easily output a Highlights clips to a MP4 file?

Thank you in advance, and appricate any advise you can offer.

Cheers
Gerard

Output Premiere Pro 16.08.18.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answer is no. It is probably possible for someone to create a script for this, but I don't think it is part of the basic functionality of PR.

I did this for baseball games. What you have now is the full game with the parts with no action removed. I'd use 2 methods. For unmarked clips with a marked clip on each side, click the unmarked clip, then shift-delete to ripple delete the unwanted clip. For clips like the ones in your screenshot (3 ummarked in a row), click below the audio for the first unmarked clip, then drag up and to the right to select all the unmarked tracks. Then shift-delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're looking for can't be done automatically.  You'll have to go through and do the work manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're starting wrong.

Ever hear of "pancake" editing? Two separate timeline panels one over the other, hence 'pancaked'.

Put your full sequence of everything on the top. Ctrl-k to cut in, Ctrl-k to cut out, Alt-drag that segment to the bottom timeline. (I think it's Alt-drag ... ). Rinse & repeat.

Full sequence is up above, all the selected clip bits on the lower sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a better workflow.

Note that he has already gotten to the stage of having only "actions" clips, and is wanting to select just the highlight clips. With or without the markers, he could add a pancake layer and copy just the clips with markers.

Hmmm, or from the beginning, have 3 timelines and create the Action and Highlights timeline at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your thoughts and advice. Much appreciated. The "Pancake" method worked well and it was easy to bring down 20 -30 clips into a Highlights sequence.

Hopefully Adobe can, in the future, bring in the original option I proposed.

Cheers Gerard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines