• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop from "Cutting" footage between IN & OUT points.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going try and keep this civil as I've lost about 35 minutes of work... and this is not the first time this feature has boned me in an edit. This has hurt me so much more than it has ever helped me. (I'll get to it don't worry)

Scenario: You have your I/O set on somewhere off screen on your timeline. You're working elsewhere, go to delete a clip but don't have it selected (for this example), or perhaps slip and hit delete on accident well... being so far down a timeline and being so close to that particular clip, unbeknownst to you, you've just cut the footage between your I/O points. Now, you continue editing for say, another 50+ changes... your history's cache surpasses its capability to remember that happening a long, long time ago... and your selects, your edit, your everything you did for 45 minutes in that section, whether it even be a singular shot it still is super annoying.

For the love of Pete... HOW DO I TURN THIS FEATURE OFF??

TLDR: How do I stop Premiere from cutting footage between I/O points on a timeline??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the love of Pete... HOW DO I TURN THIS FEATURE OFF??

Delete your I/O points if you're not going to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. Yes, I could always clear them but I wasn't looking for a non-sequitur. Yes, that is one way of preventing the issue, but there are many cases where the I/O's are being used as well. Disregarding the above scenario and insert any and all plausible scenario's, my question still stands; and forgive my animated way of asking it above but: Is this a feature that can be disabled? NO...ok, I suffer. Yes? Please explain how? That's all I want to know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can untarget tracks you don't want to be affected by this. Otherwise, you need to make a feature request here: Premiere Pro: Hot (2129 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont want to sound unpleasant but you are the one who sets the in and out points in the first place.

I often use in and out points but also hit shift+ctrl+X (clear in and out) frequently to delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregarding the above scenario and insert any and all plausible scenario's, my question still stands

Editors only set timeline In/Out points for the next operation.  If that next operation doesn't require In/Out points, delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for the frustration and unnecessary hostility... All valid points, and definitely all very correct. It's a habit that I've ignored for years, and so in the middle of having made that mistake once more, I was looking for a way to prevent that from happening again knowing my tendencies. A band-aid to something I should be better at for sure.

Thanks Jim; Ann, for the eye opener that I shouldn't blame the program always, but he who sits behind it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines