• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In simple layman's terms, please help me solve this problem. When I try to use Photoshop Elements, I get the message "Could not complete the Save As command because there is not enough memory (RAM)

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been multiple posts related to this issue, which has its genesis to a WIN 10 update. It requires a registry edit.

See post #24 by SSprengel in this thread:

Re: Photoshop Elements 2018 memory problems - unable to edit and save files

and this:

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many others, after Microsoft updated  to windows 10 1803, I have the same problem about  "An integer between 50 and 8 is required" and about "Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)".

I live on my 8th decade and this is not the best age to start learning the secrets of registry.

Let alone people say that if you don't have experience with registry, you can destroy your PC.

I bought from ADOBE each version of ELEMENTS starting with #10 and I believe that I deserve decent maintenance. But now, instead of buying Elements18, I have Elements15 and it's DEAD!

I hope that somehow Adobe would pay attention to my complaint and some qualified technician will do the job of maintenance and restore my friendly diplomatic relations with ADOBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

veniamin  wrote

As many others, after Microsoft updated  to windows 10 1803, I have the same problem about  "An integer between 50 and 8 is required" and about "Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)".

I live on my 8th decade and this is not the best age to start learning the secrets of registry.

Let alone people say that if you don't have experience with registry, you can destroy your PC.

I bought from ADOBE each version of ELEMENTS starting with #10 and I believe that I deserve decent maintenance. But now, instead of buying Elements18, I have Elements15 and it's DEAD!

I hope that somehow Adobe would pay attention to my complaint and some qualified technician will do the job of maintenance and restore my friendly diplomatic relations with ADOBE.

I don't work for Adobe, but I am sure you have perfectly understood that Adobe did not take hold of your computer to change the code provided by Microsoft in its operating system for external applications like Elements or Photoshop to manage the memory. That's exactly what Microsoft did. No line of code have been changed in Adobe softwares.

The real issue is that the logical process in this case would be to revert to the previous Windows 10 version, which Microsoft makes nearly impossible for you. They have made your programs obsolete. Those programs have to be rewritten.

Adobe provided the registry workaround (a kind of 'patch' to the inadequete operating system).

Thousands of users (I am ready to bet that 99% of them had never fiddled with the sacro-sanct Registry) have used it successfully. Some were unable to follow the simple steps described in the link. The workaround failed, but no proven catastrophe have been reported.

So, a friendly advice from an old Elements user :

- If you have PSE2018, the only current version supported by Adobe Customer Care, ask them to take remote control of your computer and to edit the registry. My guess is that you'll have to be patient... The microsoft bug has triggered hundreds of posts in the forums and they have had a hundred thousands 'hits'.

- In any case, don't be paralyzed by the word 'Registry'. The edits don't require understanding the registry. I am sure I could have asked my teenager grandson to do it for me. If that does not work, ask here for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines