• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just wan't to backup the entire catalogue to Synology nas at night as backup!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got lr cc classic and I was wondering if I could backup my catalogue to a Synology nas ds216 at night.

Not turning of my nas not turning of my iMac, the first time it will take some time(days), but when I work on pictures today or import new ones,

they just must back up to the nas the new ones.

It is for for safety only.

or

is there another solution??

The mayor catalog is on my Imac. And I'm using all ready time machine.

But better safe then sorry!?

thnx allready

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stanvdw,

Are you looking to use Synology NAS DS216 as your permanent backup solution? You can manually copy your catalog and images to that drive and can update the same every week. Will you be using network connection to connect this drive to your machine?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stanvdw  wrote

Hi,

I got lr cc classic and I was wondering if I could backup my catalogue to a Synology nas ds216 at night.

Not turning of my nas not turning of my iMac, the first time it will take some time(days), but when I work on pictures today or import new ones,

they just must back up to the nas the new ones.

It is for for safety only.

or

is there another solution??

The mayor catalog is on my Imac. And I'm using all ready time machine.

But better safe then sorry!?

thnx allready

I think there is a (potentially dangerous) misunderstanding here. Lightroom only backs up its catalog file. That file is just a database, and does not contain your images. If you want to backup your images (and you should!), then you need to use a separate backup application. If the images are stored on your internal disk, then Time Machine does it already.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thnx for the respons,

I want to back up everything, if Time Machine does it allready thats ok, butt I want a second backup and this could be the nas or an other drive for example I have also a rugged Lacie of 5tb to backup to! Is there another program that starts at 11pm and backup the lr catalogue. I don't want to use the backup directly to LR.

thnx for the respons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any decent backup utility can be set to start a a fixed time.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines