• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFHTTP bizarre issue

Mar 14, 2009 Mar 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a page that has some code, then an update query to a table, and finally a call to a URL using CFHTTP. The URL being called contains a query pulling records from the same table as the initial page. This specific set of events hangs CF and I have to restart the service. If I change the table in the query of the second page being called, it runs ok. If I call the URL with CFHTTP on the initial page but without the first update query the process also runs ok.

This is either something I'm not seeing or a really strange bug. Any help on this will be appreciated.

Thank you.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 14, 2009 Mar 14, 2009
Not knowing the database you're using, I'll go out on a limb here and say that your update statement isn't fully completing and still has the table locked. Your second page comes in and is blocking behind the update.
In your first page, try adding a set of cftransaction tags to explicitly begin and commit the transaction and see if that clears things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2009 Mar 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not knowing the database you're using, I'll go out on a limb here and say that your update statement isn't fully completing and still has the table locked. Your second page comes in and is blocking behind the update.
In your first page, try adding a set of cftransaction tags to explicitly begin and commit the transaction and see if that clears things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2009 Mar 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, I had the whole thing within a transaction so I removed the overall transaction and just enclosed the first query within a transaction. It worked perfectly. Thank you. I should have specified more info when I posted. It's an SQL Server database with CF 8 on IIS 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation