• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR radial filters

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm 68 and starting to find my way around LR. When I add a new linear filter to a shot it applies adjustments that I don't want, help! I thought I was putting this question on a Lightroom forum, no idea where it's going to end up.Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 7.08.38 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a clipping warning, that all of the blue area is completely black. To turn it off, press J once or twice, or click on the triangle in the histogram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

68 is a good age to start working with Lightroom! Welcome to the forum.

The title says RADIAL filter, your text says LINEAR filter but fortunately your screenshot shows the "problem" that fits both.

I suppose you are talking about the blue colour on the screen. This is only a marker, showing on screen, where clipping occurs with the current settings.

On the histogram, you have 2 triangles, one left for black clipping (blue), one right for white clipping (red). for the moment you have black clipping on (white colour on the triangle).

Clipping is where image detail gets "lost" because the concerned area gets completely black or completely white. Normally you want to avoid that.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

68 is a good age to start working with Lightroom!

This gave me a chuckle. I also started with LR at age 68, ten years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

elie_di  wrote

68 is a good age to start working with Lightroom!

This gave me a chuckle. I also started with LR at age 68, ten years ago.

In fact, after much reflection, any age is a good age to start with Lr. But I find that people having heard of or seen one or may be even worked with a real darkroom understand the concept of RAW files better.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines