• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly no video footage showing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started a new project for a video. Everything worked fine, but after a reboot, i can not see the videos anymore. The sound is still hearable, but no videos. If I close the application the process froim Premiere CC is still running in the task manager. After reinstall and chaning the graphic card driver to an older version it worked again till the next reboot. Then I had to reinstall the application and change the graphic card driver again. Everytime I restart the application the problem is present again. I've a i7 processor and a Nvidiai 1080ti. What can I do to solve this problem ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

I guess I know what it is. It happend always if I open the Lumetri Scopes on the second monitor. I rearranged my workspace now and it's working again. Must be something with the grapic card drivers. At least I can work again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird. Offhand it sounds like some process is running in the OS ( in the background that you can't see visually ) that is interfering with using the program properly. You should probably supply more info about what version of program you are using, what computer, OS, what codec packs you might have installed, what 3rd party editing related programs... etc.

Is impossible to guess what might be wrong at this point, for ME. I'm an idiot with limited ability to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is Windows 10 Education Build 1803. I'm using the newest version of Premiere CC, all Updates installed. No 3th party addons installed. It's really weird, after reinstalling drivers and applications 3 or 4 times it's working again. When I close the project and open it again, no video. I can start the clips and hear the audio but the video windows are black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people here seem to suggest using a setting in playback " software only " to see if that solves stuff.. Maybe try that...you have to get the program running, go to preferences, playback and make that choice ( other setting you have on new version of CC might be open CL and so on… I have old version... so I don't know your choices...but try software only. Others here are really smart and can help you more when they see your thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I know what it is. It happend always if I open the Lumetri Scopes on the second monitor. I rearranged my workspace now and it's working again. Must be something with the grapic card drivers. At least I can work again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow, good going on solving problem !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines