Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic CC 7.4 Release - Language set to English

Camera Raw 10.4

O/S: Windows 10 64 bit French, Business Edition, V: 10.0.17134

Processor: Intel i7-3770K  3.50GHz
Memory: 16GB DDR3

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

LR Catalog located on C:\, a 500GB SSD with 65% free space.

The standard size previews are also located on the C:\ drive.

Photos (62,000) are located on D:\, a 2TB HD with 25% free space

The Catalog is backed up and optimized every week.  I never had any problems with it.

I have 62,000 photos stored by Year –> Month –> Day –> Photo session. This library is well maintained.

My problems are with the Library section:

1. When LR starts, it takes 2 minutes and 20 seconds to open the Folders list in the Navigator. After that, it takes about 4 minutes before the number of photos for each folder is shown – the numbers appear gradually. Most of the time, LR will crash if I start using it before this long process is finished.

2. LR often crashes when changing Folders in the Library section.

3. When browsing through photos displayed on the second monitor, it often takes up to 5 seconds for each photo to get in focus. The Develop, Map and Slideshow sections work well without any problems. I don’t use the Book, Print and Web sections. Importing photos works without problems.  PhotoShop works perfectly.

I have been using LR for the last 10 years without any problems. These problems started about 1 year ago and are steadily getting worse.

Following suggestions received on the LR Forum, I tried this:

1. I was using a 250GB SSD which had about 10% free space. I changed it for a larger and faster one. This change got me to reinstall Windows. The problems remained. No improvement.

2. I tried not to use the Graphics Processor option. It does not seem to change anything with or without.

3. I increased the Camera Raw Cache to 5.0 GB. No improvement.

Can anybody help me ?  I need a working LR !!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off your anti virus program and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion.  I use the ESET Internet Security anti-virus program;  unfortunately shutting it down does not change anything.  Like you, I also suspect that my problems are not caused by LR itself.

IMO, this weird behaviour could be caused by file management and security.  I don't know how to check and correct that and I don't use any applications that modify these parameters.

A computer used to be easy to troubleshoot but it is not the case anymore unfortunately, and getting older doesn't help !!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did more tests, trying to find the problem.  No change after each one !!!

1. Back-up and optimize the catalog, reinstall Lightroom
  2. Use another Windows administrator account
  3. Update video card drivers - Windows and System board drivers were already up to date
  4. Disabled all Lightroom plugins
  5. Boot in Safe mode
  6. Reindex Windows files
  7. Run SFC scan (System File Checker)
  8. Check computer memory, SSD and hard disks
  9. Increased the RAW cache from 5 to 15GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines