• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC is putting everything on a blue checkerboard background.

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue which has just arisen. When I save a Microsoft Word document (Word 2010) document which is simply text on a white background as a PDF document the PDF document is no longer on a white background. It is now on a blue checkerboard background. This also happens if I print the document as a PDF document. It also happens if I scan the word document into PDF format.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit (or the Acrobat menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - Page Display and tick off "Show transparency grid".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did that and the transparency grid disappeared. There is, however, a single red line which runs vertically down the middle of the document. I am certain it is a setting and I just haven't found which one. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Go to View - Show/Hide - Rulers & Grids and if "Guides" is ticked, un-tick it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going insane. I just made a change and the red line dis disappear. Now, on pages of PDF documents that I am downloading from outside sources, the entire page is gray. If I create the document in word and save it into a pdf format there is no gray background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Edit (or the Acrobat menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - Page Display and tick "Show large images".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines