Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio Playback

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For the past year or so, Premiere has been giving me issues with audio playback.

The timeline plays video correctly 100% of the time; audio levels are visible in the audio monitor 100% of the time; waveforms are visible on audio files 100% of the time. However, more often than not, when I open Premiere, it will not output audio. The issue seems to be random; clearing the "common" folder in Library->Application Support->Adobe and restarting the computer occasionally fixes the issue, but not always.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire Adobe suite to no avail.

I'm an experienced Premiere user and can guarantee nothing is muted; all audio files are loaded (this happens as frequently with new projects as with existing projects); all audio files are working correctly; my audio hardware is set correctly in Premiere.

I've hobbled along by restarting the program and my computer until Premiere decides to output audio, but it's getting ridiculous and I'd love to solve this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

macOS High Sierra v 10.13.6

Processor 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5

16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 MB

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

How are your listening to your audio? Laptop speakers, bluetooth, USB? Premiere Pro (and all adobe Pro Video applications can send audio to a different audio output then the system uses. I see this a lot with students (I teach video editing and animation).

Check these preferences and point them to the speakers/headset your are using:

Presences > Audio Hardware > Default Output

and

Presences > Playback > Audio Device

If your are using external audio hardware (like USB/Bluetooth devices) chances are th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are your listening to your audio? Laptop speakers, bluetooth, USB? Premiere Pro (and all adobe Pro Video applications can send audio to a different audio output then the system uses. I see this a lot with students (I teach video editing and animation).

Check these preferences and point them to the speakers/headset your are using:

Presences > Audio Hardware > Default Output

and

Presences > Playback > Audio Device

If your are using external audio hardware (like USB/Bluetooth devices) chances are these preferences get mixed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joost, thank you so much for pointing out the Playback tab in preferences. I had been focused on Audio Hardware.

It looks like Premiere is switching between Adobe Desktop Audio and Newtek NDI output without me changing the preferences.

You've saved me quite a few gray hairs

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are welcome! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines