Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tethering with fuji xt2

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i"ve been trying to tether with my fuji xt2. I'm able to do so on my macbook without any problems, but can't do anything on my Imac. when i launch tether capture, I got this message on the screen ( I'm using as well ON1 software),:  "cannot start FUJIFILM Plugin PRO. Another camera control application software is running"

ON1 software is not running.

I chose to link Lightroom classic cc   for JPEG and Raw on FUJIFILM X Acquire.

and also when i take a photo i got another message saying: "The Lightroom catalog named " Lightroom Catalog" cannot be opened because another application already has it opened" "Quit the other copy of Lightroom before trying to launch".

When i follow these instructions, they keep on showing up.

what can i do?

And again, I have the same set up on my Macbook pro ( with ON1)  and don't have any issues when tether.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you by any chance have your Catalog file on an external drive and using that drive with both the Macbook and the iMac?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , thank you for your reply, and the answer is no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Cannot be opened because another has it opened”

This error message will be generated if there is a file present alongside the Catalog file with an extension .LOCK

Be aware that Lightroom creates this file when it opens a Catalog file. It is a temporary file that prevents any other user accessing the Catalog and it will delete automatically when Lightroom is exited normally. If Lightroom is closed unexpectedly e.g loss of power it will remain in place and prevent any further use of the Catalog.

The lock file you’ll be in the same folder as the Catalog file. Locate the .lock file and delete this file, then you can proceed normally.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but it’s not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is not working?

Did you locate a .lock file alongside your Catalog file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn’t locate the .lock file .

Which folder would it be located?

I searched the HD and couldn’t find it.

Thanks for your help . I know at the end it will work.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On a Mac it would be in a sub-folder called Lightroom located in user (your name) / Pictures / Lightroom.

It will reside alongside the Catalog file which has an extension .lrcat It will carry the same name with the extensions .lrcat.lock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines