• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected error opening catalog - issue occurs regularly

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens regularly when I open the application, sometimes every other time, sometimes I will get it to open 5-6 times before the error.  Only fix I have found is to replace with a backup then it works fine EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

I am reasonably sure this is a DB issue.  I reduced my number of years/pictures in my catalog from 100k+ to under 15k pics no joy. 

Why does LR do this?  Seems like it started after the split with CC and CC classic.  Can an admin help?  Glad to send you my catalog that locked up, I save it as _old.  Drives me crazy to backup every time I exit but I have no other way around currently.

Macbook Pro

Local SSD drive for LR Catalog

External Drive for pictures

Lightroom Classic CC

I have been a LR user for 7-8 years and this is awful right now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeffw57025649,

Sorry that you're getting an error message "unexpected error opening catalog" while opening a specific catalog in Lightroom Classic CC.

Please upload the catalog to a cloud based storage service like Dropbox or We-transfer and share the URL with me via PM so that we may take a look at it.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I sent it to you yesterday can you confirm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash - sent another PM with the catalog, is there a status?  This is the second time I have gone through this with the forum leader confirming an issue and when sent to Adobe engineering claiming no issue.  Frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

Sorry about the delay in our response. I've sent you a PM. Please check.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How full is your SSD. I would start by checking you system, Could be a hardware fault.

I've been using LR for 11 years and have never had a corrupted catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

40% free.  No issues before last LR upgrade in 8+ years....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines