Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7 HTML - lower case folder names?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2009 Mar 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am on RoboHelp HTML 7. Have to generate WebHelp output.
Just now starting to set up a new project after completing a Proof of Concept.

After some study, I wish to keep all relevant names (topics and other components' names) in lower case.
I create folders and find that the folder names would not take only lower case. If I do 'Rename' they default to Title Case. RH defaults to 'User_Administration' even if I try 'user_administration'.

Is this ok? Should I worry about this or only about the htm file names of topics? Our application shall be on a Unix box for this major release.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Radha Renganathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2009 Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that had been fixed.

Try

Change FileName.htm to FileName1.htm and then to filename.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the files names get changed properly. no problem; but the folder names retain only the title case. The problem is with the folder names. would that have any negative effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unix does not require lowercase, what it requires is consistency of case.

So if your link says FileName.htm and the file is filename.htm, the call will fail on Unix. For that reason it is common to always use lowercase to minimise the risk of error.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same argument. What matters is consistency so if your links have the same case as the folders and files, it will be OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Fine. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp