Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC tool pane on right

Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat DC,how can I keep the tool pane on the right open at all times while working in the document?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Hi Lindacapone,

We apologize for the delay in response.

I assume you are referring to the tool pane opened at the right menu bar? And if you would like it to be opened every time you open any document or Acrobat, then you need to make couple of changes in preferences settings.

1. Make sure the the menu bar at the right is open, and then-
  2. Launch Acrobat> Edit> Preferences> Documents> Check "Restore last view settings when opening document"
  3. Close application and reopen and PDF, the Tools at the right Me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindacapone,

We apologize for the delay in response.

I assume you are referring to the tool pane opened at the right menu bar? And if you would like it to be opened every time you open any document or Acrobat, then you need to make couple of changes in preferences settings.

1. Make sure the the menu bar at the right is open, and then-
  2. Launch Acrobat> Edit> Preferences> Documents> Check "Restore last view settings when opening document"
  3. Close application and reopen and PDF, the Tools at the right Menu-bar should automatically open next time.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is no longer an option in the latest version of Acrobat.

How can I always have the tool pane open now that this feature has been removed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adobe Acrobat do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Acrobat DC. I am not sure how to check what version, all I know is when I open CC there is no way to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" is available in this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That only opens the Tools Panel if a PDF is open in Acrobat.

I need the tools panel to be the first thing I see when I open Acrobat. As stated before I run a lot of the action scrips, so I don't actually open up PDFs instead I open Acrobat and then run scripts (which asks me to pull files).

Is this not possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, your English seems al little broken - are you unsure if it is possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kasandra,

When you will open the Acrobat, then the first thing will come up is "Home" screen. "restore last view settings when opening document" applies on the document only not the application's interface.

If you want to set the "Tool" as default screen, then that would not be possible. This is how application's interface has been designed and you can't make changes to that.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response. I put in a feature request to at least allow the option to have the tool pane come up first. It seems silly that someone like myself who wants to automate my workflow needs to do 3+ clicks to run my action scripts.

Is there any way to avoid having to click on Tools > Action Wizard > My Script?

Can I add shortcuts for this navigation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines